RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2019, 03:11 PM   #15

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My dealer had mine on the lot for 6 weeks and had not even looked at it yet. Was there for a slide seal leak. They finally declared it "fixed" twice and each time I went to pick it up there was still a puddle on the floor. So then they slathered silicone caulking all over the outside including seams that were designed to let water OUT in case it did find it's way in, and despite my and the factory rep's insistence that they not use silicone. The third time they declared it "fixed" it again had a puddle on the floor at which point I drove it back to the factory who completely rebuilt the entire slide, including removing the silicone caulk, and had it back to me in just a couple days.

Glad I purchased a trailer with great factory support. Many brands will offer no point of contact other than the dealer, who is completely inept in my case.

keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2019, 03:19 PM   #16

Paid $30 for our Arctic Fox 22G. I haven't been back for services yet. We have 20 nights in it in one year. I fixed some very minor issues myself. Nothing more than fixing a screw.

Old 07-01-2019, 03:44 PM   #17

General rv

I have bought two TT from GRV. First one was a like new Ultra-Lite 15ft. 3 years later I bought the one I have now, a 28ft. bunkhouse brand new. Their customer service is SUPERB!! They are family owned. I have one near by, but even if they were 3 hours away, I would still go back and do business with them. My TT is now 3 years old and NO ISSUES!! Don't even consider CAMPING WORLD, you'll regret it!!!
colberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:09 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twgreen3 View Post
Ok I need to rant. I bought a new 26 foot travel trailer this year for about 30K. Been on two trips and so far have had to take it in twice. Have had to have the radio, entry door, and a fender skirt replaced. The black tank flush system, bedroom door, and cabinet door repaired.
It seems horrible, the quality that they put into these and they we (consumers) put up with it.

Ok I feel a little better.
This is the way I see it. 30k for the trailer. Not very expensive and several companies need to make a profit from it. The manufacturer, the dealer, the transporters etc. Add in the cost of materials and you donít have much financial wiggle room. The only thing the manufacturer can do is rush production out the back door and hope for the best. Not much money left over for warranty work so that suffers and you end up with unhappy customers. Sad but true.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:05 PM   #19

My thoughts of the RV industry is that they are in the same place as the Auto industry in the 70's. They built crap with the idea that the dealership would take care of the problems. When foreign competition showed up things changed. My 2018 TT had some problems but not like the ones mentioned above. (Slide issues and brackets on the Freshwater take let loose) The dealer was able to fix promptly and I was on my way. I try to do as much as I can and hopefully not make problems worse. Thank goodness for this forum and YouTube !
Old 07-06-2019, 09:00 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
My thoughts of the RV industry is that they are in the same place as the Auto industry in the 70's. They built crap with the idea that the dealership would take care of the problems. When foreign competition showed up things changed.
Hmmmm, a Japanese built camper may be cool
415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:10 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st-tt2018 View Post
Ok, so I habe a coleman lantern 202rd. The only warranty issue I had was the furnace. I had a bad electrode and a bad circuit board. I sent it in to the dealer for the warranty repair of the CB, it was there for three weeks! I called and got no answer. Only leave a message, so I drove down. Told the service manager what happened. She said that they were playing catchup because her staff quit under a change in management. I said I want my TT back. Do you habe the CB? If you do, I will replace it in the parking lot.
They gave me the wrong board 2x and then a tech came out, tore one off another new unit, and I was on my way in under 45 mins.
The next was the electrode and flame sensor. It was going to be 2 weeks, so I just ordered one from Amazon and put it in. Saved me $45 in gas for a $15 part and it was done in 15min.
I called corporate with help from members here, told them the problems, and now I have a spare electrode at no cost to me.

Many times it is the dealer that will cause problems, not the MFG when it comes to warranty work. Just call corporate for your rig, be pleasant but firm, and it is amazing what you can get done.
Ive had my 202rd on quite a few trips now, so far the only problem I have, is the trim inside the door frame is buckled and loose. Used the heater a few times when I first got it, no problems so far! Hope I don't have the problem you had!
hillbilly3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:35 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by colberg View Post
I have bought two TT from GRV. First one was a like new Ultra-Lite 15ft. 3 years later I bought the one I have now, a 28ft. bunkhouse brand new. Their customer service is SUPERB!! They are family owned. I have one near by, but even if they were 3 hours away, I would still go back and do business with them. My TT is now 3 years old and NO ISSUES!! Don't even consider CAMPING WORLD, you'll regret it!!!
What is GRV?
paulag1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:48 AM   #23

Excel Owners Club
We bought preowned TT and expected repairs would be needed. I personally like to go though a unit and get to know it personally. as time will pass I am sure this knowledge will increase . I've had a couple big issues so far and a few hopefully minor ones to still attend to . although they are frustrating since they never seem to find a convenient time to happen as so many have stated relax and enjoy your time, repair ,get repaired, and proceed with life.

Just my $.02
Old 07-07-2019, 05:39 PM   #24

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly3 View Post
Ive had my 202rd on quite a few trips now, so far the only problem I have, is the trim inside the door frame is buckled and loose. Used the heater a few times when I first got it, no problems so far! Hope I don't have the problem you had!
We have had many more trips and everything else has been

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer