Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:10 AM   #1

Travel trailers-formaldehyde free

Good afternoon everyone,

We were talking the other night about down the road getting another camper. Here's my dilemma-it has to be formaldehyde free. I am very allergic to it-found out when I was a teen dissecting in science class. We have to read the material data sheets for certain new products to make sure they don't have it in them. I itched with hives for 7 weeks after putting in a laminate floor in the house-glue had it in it. My last exposure was unintentional-camping and sprayed around the camper for ants-sure enough-formaldehyde in the ant killer stuff.

So what companies use little formaldehyde in their campers? Not sure about getting a new one-we may do what we did the last time and find a year old camper-it had no issue with the any leftover formaldehyde-either touching or breathing it. I was fine with it.

Thanks any information about this!
Nell

2002 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 quad cab
Nell is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
This company says its free of formaldehyde. Take a look. Should be easy towing.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:11 AM   #3

Isn't Evergreen and Earthbound supposed to free as well?

2002 KZ Sportmans 2703P
Jeff from Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";668276][B][URL="http://www.trailmanor.com/WebDocs/safety/formaldehyde.html
This company[/URL][/B] says its free of formaldehyde. Take a look. Should be easy towing.
We looked at them when they first came out years ago. Not sure I am totally sold on them-with my luck they won't open when I want it to. Still prefer my hard sided regular camper. But it's an idea we might revisit. Thanks!

Old 07-13-2010, 08:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff from Michigan View Post
Isn't Evergreen and Earthbound supposed to free as well?
From what I've read yes. But they are way out of our budget for a camper. Maybe if we find that long lost rich Uncle.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell View Post
From what I've read yes. But they are way out of our budget for a camper. Maybe if we find that long lost rich Uncle.

They are a bit pricey for a travel trailer, but there are some used ones popping up that are considerably lower in price. Check rvtraderonline.com and you'll find some. Most are at dealers but their price is never firm. Good luck in your search!

2002 KZ Sportmans 2703P
Jeff from Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #7

Northwoods - Arctic Fox, Nash, Desert Fox are all made with formaldehyde free products - they also cause health problems for the plant workers who breath the fumes all day.

05 Arctic Fox 22H
Randy the sly old fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evergreen