Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-24-2016, 08:10 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 52
Trojan T-105 Condition

I just purchased two "new" Trojan T-105 Plus batteries for my TT. They were actually shipped from the factory 5 months ago. I contacted Trojan to see if this would be a problem since they had sat unused for a while and was told there was no problem with them sitting as long as the voltages were good at 6.20V or higher. Voltage before charging on each was 6.15 & 6.16. I contacted Trojan again to see if this was a problem and was told "These voltages indicate that the batteries have self discharged below the 70% state-of-charge point but can be charged up no problem so the decision was mine whether or not to keep them."

What do you guys think, am I worrying over nothing?
__________________

__________________
dmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2016, 08:12 AM   #2
Community Administrator
 
Clifftall's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 29,121
I'd get new ones . Also what does this do to the warranty ?
__________________

__________________


Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 01:49 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
I'd get new ones . Also what does this do to the warranty ?
Trojan said this was not a problem and again it was up to me if I wanted to exchange them.
__________________
dmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:27 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
wingnut60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wherever the Suites is
Posts: 2,982
Most battery warranties start with the receipt date; without the receipt, the stamped date on the batteries is the start date--keep the receipt. I would not worry one bit about a 5-month-old mfg date.
Joe
__________________
'15 38RSSA Mobile Suites
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
'17 F450--trying one more Ford
'09 F450--died, replaced with '10--retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:37 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnut60 View Post
Most battery warranties start with the receipt date; without the receipt, the stamped date on the batteries is the start date--keep the receipt. I would not worry one bit about a 5-month-old mfg date.
Joe
Thanks for the info! Looking forward to our first dry camp with them next week.
__________________
dmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:23 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
TheMatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmullen View Post
I just purchased two "new" Trojan T-105 Plus batteries for my TT. They were actually shipped from the factory 5 months ago. I contacted Trojan to see if this would be a problem since they had sat unused for a while and was told there was no problem with them sitting as long as the voltages were good at 6.20V or higher. Voltage before charging on each was 6.15 & 6.16. I contacted Trojan again to see if this was a problem and was told "These voltages indicate that the batteries have self discharged below the 70% state-of-charge point but can be charged up no problem so the decision was mine whether or not to keep them."

What do you guys think, am I worrying over nothing?
No problem at all. Just charge them up and way you go. I also have 2 x T105's . They are amazing batteries. Enjoy and don't worry.
__________________

__________________
___________________
2016 Lance 1995
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn (Custom)
TheMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Renogy Charger Settings for Trojan T-105 SkiSmuggs Technology: Internet, TV, Satellite, Cell Phones, etc. 1 08-25-2014 10:26 AM
Trojan T-105 vs T-145? SeeTheUSA RV Systems & Appliances 4 01-11-2014 04:15 PM
Trojan T-105 RE vs. Regular T-105 Lukeaa MH-General Discussions & Problems 10 10-16-2011 12:44 PM
2011 Excel Limited..$105,000 bayou316 Excel Owner's Forum 52 09-29-2010 09:20 AM
Trojan T-605 Question (T-105) CARVAL Motorsports MH-General Discussions & Problems 2 01-29-2009 06:38 PM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.