Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #15
How much does it cost for one of these washes?

Caveman CBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #16
Prices from their website at www.bluebeacon.com

Home : RV/Motorcoach Washing : RV/Motorcoach Wash Prices

RV/Motorcoach Wash Prices

Effective November 1, 2011
Pickup/ Camper Trailer
Camper Trailer$24.50
Motor Homes / Buses
Motor Home- Up to 30' $28.00
Motor Home/Coach - Over 30' $35.00
Motor Home - St Truck Single Axle $34.00
Motor Home - St Truck Double Axle $37.00
Passenger Bus / Tour Bus $36.00

Paint Protectant$6.00

Aluminum Cleaner or Brightener (Only at Customer Request)citrushine™ BrightenerAluminum Wheels$1.00No ChargeAluminum Tanks$2.00No Charge

I'M TRYING to be awesome today, but I'M EXHAUSTED from being so freakin' AWESOME YESTERDAY!
danandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #17
Originally Posted by jbenoit28 View Post
We got back from a six day trip to FDR state park in Georgia. The TT was due for a bath and covered with pine pollen. Took about 3hrs to wash it all down, including the roof. Has anyone ever tried to run their TT and TV through one of those tractor trailer truck wash places? Are they touchless? Is this a massively bad idea? How often do you do a full wash down?

I have had bad luck with using high pressure washer systems. I always just use the wash brushes and elbow grease. About 3 times a year I hand wax the who,e trailer and wash the roof.
DonnyB007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:19 AM   #18
So now that the trailer is clean, what is recommended for waxing? Spray on type? My TT has smooth fiberglass sides with decals.

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel 4X4 with Roadmaster Active Suspension, F350 1 3/16" rear sway bar, Bilstein shocks & steering damper.
2012 Sprinter 311BHS
jbenoit28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:13 AM   #19
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post
That just sounds like trouble , the least/ most of which is the recall box on the Norcold if you have one being tripped by the water intrusion.
See post # 45.
Dreaded Red Light on Norcold recall Box
Two more recent reports of Norcold's recall box's being shut down by Truck Washes.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #20
I used a truck wash once on my motorhome. After the wash my steps failed to come out and one of my Power Gear Electric jacks stopped working. The step eventually started working but I had to replace the motor brake on the jack as it had rusted.

I don't totally blame the truck wash as I know the rusting motor brake on the leveling jacks is a well documented issue but spraying high pressure water on the undercarriage is something I will avoid in the future.
Confusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:35 PM   #21
Fleetwood Owners Club
2nd on the blue beacon. I visited there yesterday after a 8 hr round trip pull. Was great for getting of the bugs stuck to the front cap. The wash is decent not the best but it sure is quick and less time than doing it by hand....
jlee815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #22
Entegra Owners Club
I have used Blue Beacon a number of times. When you are on the road and the rig is filthy it is better than nothing. However, each time I use Blue Beacon there are drips down the sides that dry into little streams of water stains made up of the recycled water that BB uses. These can etch your paint if left there too long, and require polishing to remove. You can avoid this by quickly hand drying the coach, but that is not easy to do on a quick road stop. I use BB sparingly when needed, but I prefer to look for a true hand wash.
Marc and Jill, Wellington FL
2013 Entegra Anthem 44SL
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:45 PM   #23
Where are they located? Larger truck stops off highways?
--Jeffrey Steinberg, Scarsdale,NY
2013 Silverado 3500 HD Crew Cab 8 foot bed, Duramax/Allison. Renting a travel trailer until I decide.
jsteinberg48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #24
Forest River Owners Club
RV wash

I always believe that hand wahsing gets the job done a whole lot better. Sure it takes more time but the end product is much nicer. Plus I would not want anything to damage the rubber roof.
CampinPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
There must be a market for the RV wash places there is now one located on the old Highway in Campbell River, BC. Its located right by the 'Big Rock' at the Husky Station.

If you frequent Campbell river you will know the Big Rock.
Denise and Dennis Dalla-Vicenza Co-pilot Mizzie
Gracie a Winnebago 29 RQ +
George a Suzuki Toad
(Co-pilots emeritus Furb, Izzy & Mikkael)
Cherry Creek British Columbia
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #26
I've only used (2X) the hand-wash truck places. High-pressure washes are very hard on decals, they use a harsh solvent in the spray to remove thousands of miles of baked-on bugs and road oils. We have too much invested to make it appear to be 20 years old in 5 years. Even the hand-wash removed all the wax from the rig. Keep in mind virtually all semi-trailers are simply sealed aluminum, the driver might only own the tractor, he isn't concerned about trailer looks.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert theConstitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote