Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-26-2014, 10:53 AM   #15
We shopped locally last year and almost bought a similar TT (260 Shadow Cruiser)for 21K marked down from 29K until we broadened our search and found a motivated dealer 700 mi away that sold to us (same trailer) for 16.3K.... IMHO they are too high for their TT.. should be no higher than 20K. Also too much is made of buying locally. Have heard of many local dealers not honoring warranty and other issues. Every system on your TT will be warrantied by its manufacturer anyway.
Just reread your post and see you are in WA.. that may work against you as you are a long ways from where they build those things. Still, you should visit the website of All-Seasons Super Center in Muskegon, MI just to get a competitive quote. Would you drive a couple days to save 5 grand... then camp your way back to WA.. think it over.

raytwntrvlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2014, 10:10 PM   #16
We purchased our 2014 Keystone Cougar x lite 28RLS in Oct 2013
Have spent a total of 51 days in this camper without any issues .
MSRP WAS 38,700.00
We had a second AC installed in bedroom .Equalizer 4 point hitch, break controller, Gap insurance ,5 yr. warranty by Coach Net all for 27,000.00 drive out.
We love our Keystone & would not Hesitate buying another .
We searched & looked for 2 yrs. at all different Brands & kept going back to the Cougar.
92% of Keystone owners would not Hesitate to purchase another Keystone .
Hope this helps you in your search
Mike D.

RAM2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:04 AM   #17
Originally Posted by RAM2500HD View Post
92% of Keystone owners would not Hesitate to purchase another Keystone .
Hope this helps you in your search
Mike D.
Huh? Where's that stat?
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:53 PM   #18
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
Huh? Where's that stat?
IN THE keystone owners RV Forum
Check it out .
RAM2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 10:22 PM   #19
Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
If you look eager or "gotta have it" they will be like sharks to a kill!
You will ALWAYS be able to find another one just like it. Maybe not today but tomorrow. You have to be prepared to walk away to get the best price. It's just like buying a boat NEVER buy the first boat you look at or negotiate on. I walked on 8 TTs before I bought mine at my price.
This is very true. You must ALWAYS be willing to walk. In fact, I believe you should walk multiple times. The last car I bought, I walked away three times, bought on the fourth. The more time the salesperson spends with you without closing the deal, the more motivated it will make them. This is just my humble opinion.

Absolutely never tell your salesperson you love "THAT" unit and can't find anything else you like.

If you have already crossed that line, your best option is to look online at a places like rvtrader.com. Find a few dealerships that offer the same model and call and talk to them about pricing. There are always people who will deliver a unit for you. Or perhaps spend the weekend going and getting it.

A dealership 300-500 miles away will be much more motivated to get your business. Especially if he can make a sale with just phone calls. This will give you much more leverage with your local guy. Plus get you much closer to a fair and reasonable price.

Good Luck
1361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 11:56 PM   #20
We've just purchased a new TT (2014 model) for $20,500., MSRP with the options we have (outside kitchen, and a few others) was $31,952. The price we paid was THE LOWEST we could find anywhere nationwide for this unit, and we're driving 550 miles to pick it up. Well worth the gas and weekend trip for the savings. So, what percentage did we save, about 32% or so? We're happy campers, or soon to be again!
TT: 2014 Puma 32DBKS
TV: 1995 GMC Z-71 4x4, 5.7L (restored)
ChiefGeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:11 AM   #21
Appalachian Campers
I got 32% off MSRP plus got a really good trade number. You have to be willing to walk including telling them thanks for their time and walk away.

The PDI is a way of padding the prep time, demo/walk through time in. They're going to pay a guy a few hours total to setup, prep and check out the unit then at least an hour to give you the walk through. Doing it separately allows them to advertise it cheaper.

Frankly I don't care if they sell me the unit for $650 and charge $27,000 for the PDI, the total is $27,650 and if that number comes in under what you can pay at a reasonable distance, roll with it.

The ones that are so much cheaper, beware. They could be devoid of options they're not telling you about. Make sure all that is covered.
2001 HO Cummins powered Dodge 2500
2014 Sierra 346RETS
Nights camped in 2014-28
sknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:13 PM   #22
When we bought our TT it was January. They had a sales price listed which was 25% off msrp. Kids were tired and dh and I wanted to discuss. As we were pulling out the sales guy came running out and offered another price bringing it to just over 30% off msrp. We said we'd think about it and call them. We thought about it and called back asking them to throw in a wdh hitch and extended warranty. They compromised with adding the wdh and half price on warranty. We took the deal and have been happy. No issues on trailer at all. Different one than you are looking at but thought I'd share our first experience.

2010 Dutchmen Sport 27B
2008 Dodge Ram 6.7 Diesel Quadcab SRW Longbed
Myself, dh, two kids and a dog
Csillybug68 is offline   Reply With Quote