Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2005, 10:58 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
We have a new Komfort 27TS. In the bathroom, the tub surround panel on the back wall has come loose. We live quite a drive from our dealer repair shop and it is in a very HIGH traffic area and doesn't have any after hours drop off or week-end hours. Our trailer is on warranty and would definitely be fixed, no fee and no questions asked. But it is quite a hassle to get it there , especially for only this minor problem.

Has anyone had this happen??? Has anyone repaired their "tub surround" panel ?? What product should we buy to "glue" it back and re-caulk the top edge??? Where would we buy this product??? (Camping World ? or ???)

We have decided to fix this ourselves and avoid a drive in Heavy traffic, difficult scheduling, and big diesel fuel expense (we live in WA state. EXTREMELY HIGH Fuel prices).

All suggestions and ideas will sure be appreciated !!
I know This is the Very best place for advice from experience

L

'08 Monaco Diplomat 40PDQ
CactusCampin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2005, 10:58 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
We have a new Komfort 27TS. In the bathroom, the tub surround panel on the back wall has come loose. We live quite a drive from our dealer repair shop and it is in a very HIGH traffic area and doesn't have any after hours drop off or week-end hours. Our trailer is on warranty and would definitely be fixed, no fee and no questions asked. But it is quite a hassle to get it there , especially for only this minor problem.

Has anyone had this happen??? Has anyone repaired their "tub surround" panel ?? What product should we buy to "glue" it back and re-caulk the top edge??? Where would we buy this product??? (Camping World ? or ???)

We have decided to fix this ourselves and avoid a drive in Heavy traffic, difficult scheduling, and big diesel fuel expense (we live in WA state. EXTREMELY HIGH Fuel prices).

All suggestions and ideas will sure be appreciated !!
I know This is the Very best place for advice from experience

L

'08 Monaco Diplomat 40PDQ
CactusCampin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:29 PM   #3

How about calling the factory rep and seeing if anyone local is authorized to do warranty work. You may be suprised to find there is one or two. Good luck. John
2003 Dodge Crew Cab, 4X4, Ca. Cummins, Limited slip, 3.73, 48re, T-Rex nerf bars, Rhino Liner, B&W Turnover Ball, B&W Companion, Prodigy. 2005 Wildcat 29BHBP, 1987 HR Aluma-Lite XL 35', 1500W inverter, 3 solar panels, 3 furnaces, 4 Golf Cart Batteri
robertsonthego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 01:09 PM   #4

Send a message via MSN to FatDog
like what Robertsonthego said,
I am sometimes surprisingly pleased how obliging manufacturers are when some spot repairs have to be made, in letting you take it to a place of your choice and having the manufacturer authorize the work there. That is good play when it is just too far to travel otherwise.

but i had perhaps a similar loosening with my tub enclosure once and I resolved my particular problem with some 'Gorilla Glue' behind the enclosure, tightening the screws that had probaly been loose since manufacture, and then some silicone caulking that I applied liberally around the extremeties. That caulking comes in white and clear and I then went throughout my trailer with both colors.
As a side note, I once held a toilet down for a year with that plumbing silicone, at a house i was reflooring without using those two bolts that you normally use with toilets. (The floor would take the screws. don't ask) You can really get some impressively strong silicone from plumbing outlets or from plumbers and it is a lot stronger then the stuff they sometimes stock at the HomeBoxPlace.
and don't get me started about talking about that gorilla glue. that stuff is also quite interesting.
Good luck,
Mike

(and robertsonthego, take a gander at the Golden States Boomers forum down below. We're putting the Gold Rush Gang back together and would love to see you and all at a rally this summer. Mike)
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote