Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #1

Tub Leak

This am noticed while my two youngest boy (ages 2 and 4) were taking a bath I had a leak in the back of the trailer from where the leak was I figured it had to be the tub. Leak wasn't there only during draining but while the tub was full. After drained, no more water. Had wife watch (the leak not me, although I'm not opposed to that either. As soon as water on again leak started. Examined the whole tub area no cracks or anything. Figure it has to be from tub drain because it leaks while just holding water. Anybody have any other ideas? Does the drain come out and can I re-seal it? Hate to have to take it in as we are on trip now and will be quite a lot of the summer.
CoachDJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #2

The drain ... in most cases does come out, it "unscrews" from below, there should be a rubber washer that goes around the fitting. Most likely A: The fitting has worked its way lose, B; the Rubber washer has "bunched" up or C: the washer itself is bad. (.25 part)

https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/passes/white/ not far from home...
Frankenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 04:16 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Had a simular issue with my shower. Thought it was leaking from valves and then possible from the drain. After 2 trips to Mike Thompson, it was determined that the plexiglass was not sealed properly and the water ran on the floor and down the side. The bad part I had to pay a diagnostic fee (150.00) to find this out and then was told it wasn't covered under warentee. Leek is gone and so is my 150.00
Old 05-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #4

Opened access port to under tub. Definitely coming from the drain itself. My hands are to big to get in there and don't have right tools with me. Was wondering if I ran some waterproof silicone or caulk around it if it would patch it until we got home?
Old 05-27-2011, 07:04 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sounds like a reasonable solution as a quick fix. Any chance of getting a pan under to catch what gets past that?
Old 05-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #6

I can't really even get my arm under it. I'm a pretty big guy and I'm thinking I'll have to take it in for the simple reason I'm to big to get into it.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:13 PM   #7

Went to good hardware store and talked to their plumbing guy. He recommended some stuff that would go around it and seal it and you just slice it and it peels right off when you want to repair it right. Did it last night and let it set up. Everybody used the shower this am and not one drop. Will get it fixed right when I get home but I think I'll keep a tube of the stuff in my little fix it box. Good stuff. Dryer clear and you can't even see it's there.