Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2016, 11:37 AM   #1

Valve stems

I was about to order metal valve stems for my TPMS sensors and figured they were all the same size. Well apparently not. Went out to see if I could measure the hole the go in and That's a no go. So I'm at a loss as to what to order. Any ideas? Thanks.

stormrider15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2016, 11:50 AM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I had my local Les Schwab store do the swap for me. $15 for the labor for each tire, included balancing. Before you ask, I have no idea if balancing did anything useful yet, as I only drove it home with unbalanced wheels.

Old 08-11-2016, 11:54 AM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Chief, these fit both, comes with different gaskets for either size.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/v...-22-5-04100-8/

You should have the 0.453 size hole, the most common on car, small trailer and light truck applications.
jleamo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:13 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Are you going to install them yourself? For one of my last trailers, I went to a local tire store and purchased them installed - they warranted them from leaking when they supplied the metal valve stem.

Brian
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 01:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleamo1 View Post
Chief, these fit both, comes with different gaskets for either size.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/v...-22-5-04100-8/

You should have the 0.453 size hole, the most common on car, small trailer and light truck applications.
You Nailed it. I went out and found the manufacturer and looked it up. Why I didn't do that to start with I have no answer. Thanks a bunch.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGlenn View Post
Are you going to install them yourself? For one of my last trailers, I went to a local tire store and purchased them installed - they warranted them from leaking when they supplied the metal valve stem.

Brian
No I would mess it up. I'm going to let a dealership do it along with bearings, Tires and what ever else I can think of. I like to get my own parts for them to use. That way I know exactly what into the job. One of life's lessons. Thanks.

Tags
ems