Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2019, 01:02 PM   #1

Waiting on delivery of my First Outdoors RV TT

I am not sure this is the correct place to be posting but I'm sure someone will let me know one way or the other.

On our recent western adventure we found a great offer on an Outdoors RV 22FQS in Missoula. This is about 2200 miles from home and about a 1000 miles from the nearest dealer. We put a deposit down waiting on delivery from factory.

My question is twofold, first the dealer said it would not be a problem for Outdoors RV to authorize an RV dealer in my area to perform any warranty work if it comes up.
Have any of you had experience with this?

Seceondly - is there anything in particular I should inspect or is there any reoccurring problems I should look for?

Thanks for any guidance offer.
dennisf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2019, 01:24 PM   #2

In general my mindset is the trailer will never go back for repair. The reasons:

1. They have kids working in repair.
2. They will need the trailer for 2 months.

I fix things on my own and only had one item I could not fix. 3 months later I got my trailer back with a crappy repair.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 03:04 PM   #3

I had a warranty issue with the brakes on our 2019 ORV. I called Dexter and they suggested a few local places. Dexter reimbursed me for the repair and neither Outdoors RV or my dealer (2 hours away) were ever involved.
LeisurePursuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 05:09 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
OutdoorsRV will authorize any competent shop to perform warranty repairs. Call or email Todd Morton at the factory and he will arrange either a dealer repair or a private repair facility. Usually dealer centers have awful repair shops and you are better off scheduling at a private shop or even a mobile mechanic.

Also, if you scroll down the list of forums on this site eventually you come to the owners forums and there is a forum for outdoorsRV owners that has many great and helpful people.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:43 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Welcome to the forum, Dennis, and congratulations on your pending new arrival!

Because we live many states away from the closest Outdoors RV dealer, I asked one of the factory sales reps how warranty work would be handled. As keymastr indicated above, as long as a qualified RV repair facility or person does the repair - and as long as they contact the ORV Service Department before beginning the job - the factory will cover the warranty work. Todd Morton in Service is a busy man but, in our experience, he has been great to work with.

As for what to check, when you do your walk through with the dealer, ask as many questions as you can think of and consider camping nearby for a couple of days to be sure everything works correctly. ORV units are built better than most, but they're not without issues. So, yes, do check everything so that you can address any problems with the dealer before you hit the road for home. Test the heat, the A/C, the fans, the backflush system (our backflush valve was installed backwards), use the shower, set up the dinette bed, light all the stove burners - I'm sure you get the picture.

And do hang out at the Outdoors RV owners forum - it's a loyal and knowledgeable group of people. You'll learn a lot from them. We did and that's one of the reasons we ended up with an ORV trailer.

Best wishes for many years of great camping adventures with your new rig!

Mary
4ina4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 10:40 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by keymastr View Post
OutdoorsRV will authorize any competent shop to perform warranty repairs. Call or email Todd Morton at the factory and he will arrange either a dealer repair or a private repair facility. Usually dealer centers have awful repair shops and you are better off scheduling at a private shop or even a mobile mechanic.

Also, if you scroll down the list of forums on this site eventually you come to the owners forums and there is a forum for outdoorsRV owners that has many great and helpful people.
Yep,, what he said. have your questions ready when you call. You are buying one of the best built trailers out there. But, before you pick it up request that the dealer check things out for you. Then when you get there to do the real PDI things will be done. I have seen the new ones and their QC is really tight. There are many good PDI lists out there. My dealer filled ALL the tanks and checked all the plumbing for leaks then dumped them.

Enjoy it, make some reservations and use it. Post some pictures on the ORV facething. Welcome to the ORV owners.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:09 AM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Congratulations and welcome to the ORV family. you have made a good choice!
Old 08-07-2019, 08:02 AM   #8

If your deal is with Rangitsch Bros. I've read nearly all positive regarding them. Assuming you are taking it home with you, plan for a very thorough PDI, and road prep. Maybe consider a "local loop" trip and return to dealer for another checkout before heading home.

Multiple posts of Outdoors RV supporting local non-ORV dealers, or independent repair techs on warranty work.

Oh, here's our Outdoors RV forum in case you missed it:
Outdoors RV Owner's Forum - iRV2 Forums
Normal_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 08:01 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
No worries

We bought a brand new Creekside in September of 2019. We live in Utah, but bought our coach in Idaho because they had what we wanted. Our warranty expires next month.

Well, after a big summer trip we found several items that need attention before the 1 year warranty expires. The 2 local dealers that sell Outdoors RV wouldn't work with us because we didn't buy from them (their bad service was one reason I went out of state to buy).

What to do? I called Outdoors RV and explained the situation. Kevin gave me the number of another repair facility they've worked with. This repair shop does mobile repairs. They came to my house. Outdoors RV approved every repair. They're sending parts and they'll pay the labor.

So, I can say Outdoors RV so far has stood by their product with no hassles. They've kept me as a customer when the day comes that I'm ready to trade in this coach.

The local dealers? I'll never deal with them. Even in the purchase process they drove me away. I really hope Outdoors RV can find another dealer in northern Utah.
T Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 09:14 AM   #10

ORV is like any other manufacturers with the possibility of getting a bad unit. Inspect, inspect, and inspect again. Should take between 4 to 6 hours depending on your experience level.
If anything is off, or the repair list gets too long, or too extensive....walk away. Do not accept.
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, doors, outdoor