Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2016, 08:49 PM   #15

I have had both types, I will never buy another RV unless I can walk around the bed, crawling over someone to get up and down does not work very well for us, my better half does not like to get woke up so I can got to the head and vice versa, also a lot easier to make the bed up when you can walk around it. Not to mention how handy the night stand and closet on each side of the bed.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2016, 02:13 AM   #16

Sorry but have to share this story.

Wife and I want to get into RV'ing. So we start looking at all types and designs. We want to start out small (ish). At an RV show we walk on to a small class 'C' with a corner bed. I think cool. It has a bed, refrig, dinnette, holding tanks, shower. It has everything you need.

'Cruise America' rents small class 'C' RV's. So we rent one with a corner bed. Everything is going smoothly until we go to bed...after just 3 nights you could not give me an RV with a corner bed.

We ended up rethinking and bought a small TT with a walk around bed. Do not under estimate the benefit of a walk around bed.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 06:05 AM   #17

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Our first TT had a corner bed. We really enjoyed the trailer but unanimous decision that a walk around bed was a must have when we upgraded.

John & Linda
2015 Timber Ridge 260RLS & Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins
Super Thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:31 AM   #18
tcg

I would also go with a walk around for all the reasons already stated but...

When we upgrade I'm going to look for something with twin beds and walk way down the middle. After being together for over 35 years twin beds aint' so bad.

I'm up pretty regular throughout the night and even with a walk around I still disturb her.

Our current rv with a walk around would be very easy to modify. I may just do it.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:01 AM   #19
RPr

A bed we could exit without crawling over your partner was our first priority.

Bathroom, pantry and closet space were next.
RPr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 06:23 PM   #20

Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
My Shasta came with a walk around queen or with the bed across the front (head on the drivers side under the emergency window and one person sleeping next to the front wall) which enabled bunk beds. I went with the bunk bed version.

I am so glad that I did that. My husband has so much more room to enter/exit the bed. Once he swings his legs off the bed he has a straight shot to the bathroom, too. He was actually worried about getting in and out of bed of a walk around with his limited mobility since there is not as much room between bed and wall as there is in the bedroom in our sticks and bricks.

As for me who sleeps against the wall - our TT sits on top of the "basement" and there is a little space at the foot of the bed that indents sllghtly. This lets me access the bed by standing at the foot of the bed. I put a two step stepstool there and I have no problem getting in the bed, or changing the sheets.

The floorplan link shows this better than I can explain it.
http://www.shastarving.com/product-d...elID=2734#Main
Old 12-26-2016, 05:18 AM   #21

Walk around.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 06:10 PM   #22

Had a corner bed in our first Class C...never again!
Old 12-27-2016, 09:27 PM   #23

Either way is fine. Not that big a deal to make the bed. Not difficult to go off the end of the bed rather than over the top of the other person. When I am old enough to not be able to do either then I better quit the travels.
If the trailer meets your needs then buy it. If you ask permission from others then you will end up with something they want not you. Make your own decision.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 09:30 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexie View Post
Newbie here dreaming about our future TT. We have found an awesome company in Millgrove, Ontario, Canada, that builds small TT from scratch using all wood products. The purchaser gets to choose their own layout!!! The company is Taylor Coach. I'm deciding between walk around bed or fixed one running width of trailer. Any experiences I should know about?
Walk around!!!!!