Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2014, 02:45 PM   #1

Wallpaper Border?

Bought our TT a few weeks ago and have been putting up some decorations to make it a little more personal (much to the DH's chagrin) LOL
I am doing a "lodge" type theme, and wondered if I wanted to put up some wallpaper border, can this be done without problems since there is no temperature regulation? (freezing in winter/boiling in summer) I would use wall paper paste instead of relying on the "pre-pasted" glue. I am going to be putting it in stripes between the cabinets as a sort of headboard-type decoration. Also want to cut out some of the animal silhouettes and create a picture and use decorative duct tape for a frame in the bathroom. (nothing heavy on the walls or things that could fall)
Thanks for any advice you can give. I would think since I see all sorts of wallpaper boarders on all sorts of trailers, it would be fine...but don't know if I need a special glue because of temp fluctuations.
DreaminBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2014, 05:04 PM   #2

Our TT had wallpaper border in it. The heat made the joints come loose when the TT wasn't used in the summer. We finally took it off. Did not try using glue to put it back on. It might work.
Graydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 05:11 PM   #3

Thanks! We have a border behind the galley area, but just didn't know how it was glued. I'm gonna try a vinyl-to-vinyl and keep fingers crossed.....but waiting for warmer weather.
DreaminBig is offline   Reply With Quote