Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2014, 11:04 PM   #15

I like when it matches the 921 bulbs brand new. for some reason I bought what I thought was the match for this but wound up with the last five lights being a bit on the blue side and it kinda bugs my eyes out.... so I put them in the kids bunk room, lol and over the sofa....
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2014, 11:24 AM   #16

I experimented with 6 different LEDs I ordered off of eBay ranging from bright white to warm white. All the bright white and xenon LEDs put off a bluish light. Some of the warm white LEDs were not bright enough. These two below put off close to the same color and light as original(incandescent) bulbs. The 24-5050 are a little brighter, but still look natural.

GRV T10 921 194 24-5050 SMD LED Bulb lamp Super Bright Warm White AC/DC 12V -28V Pack of 2
GRV T10 921 194 12-5050 SMD LED Bulb lamp Super Bright Warm White AC/DC 12V -28V Pack of 10
I will take some pictures this evening of them.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:11 AM   #17

GRV T10 921 194 24-5050 SMD LED Bulb lamp Super Bright Warm White
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	236.1 KB
ID:	69850
Regular bulb on left side.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:15 AM   #18

GRV T10 921 194 12-5050 SMD LED Bulb lamp Super Bright Warm White

Views:	105
Size:	277.2 KB
ID:	69855
Regular bulb on left.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:24 AM   #19

T10 Wedge 5-SMD 5050 Xenon LED Light bulb on left.

Views:	110
Size:	211.2 KB
ID:	69856
GRV T10 921 194 12-5050 on right.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:50 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Here is an LED color chart that may help. It sure took the guess work out for me. Every bulb I order now is the perfect color.
LED Light Bulb Color Temperature Explained
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:59 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Here is an LED color chart that may help. It sure took the guess work out for me. Every bulb I order now is the perfect color.
LED Light Bulb Color Temperature Explained
Don'tja just love it!!?? The COOLER the color the HIGHER the Kelvin temperature
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:14 AM   #22

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Because of the cost to properly design and manufacture warm white (2700-3200K) LEDs it sure is difficult (as you have now found) to find decent quality products out there in that Kelvin range.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #23
Community Moderator

Warm white or cool white?

I vote for M4products - the following taken from their website.

"Why are your bulbs so much better?

Yes, you may find cheaper LED bulbs on places like Ebay and many other websites that just buy generic product in bulk, but you get what you pay for. Our bulbs have been specifically chosen for an RV interior environment, basically leaving them on for long periods of time and power surges. The quality of chips and the design of our cages are far superior to lesser bulbs. You can also spend more on comparative bulbs, but we contract build and import directly, which keeps our costs more reasonable then $25.00 bulbs. We also offer more 10-30v rated bulbs so you won't experience melt-down with power surges or older rigs. We contract through SEMA member factories. Of course we also control the designs, and warranty in the USA.
Avoid buying Direct From China on Amazon and Ebay. You never know what you will get and you are not supporting the US Economy. Read more and support this effort here."

http://m4products.com
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #24

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
I vote for M4products - the following taken from their website.

"Why are your bulbs so much better?

Yes, you may find cheaper LED bulbs on places like Ebay and many other websites that just buy generic product in bulk, but you get what you pay for. Our bulbs have been specifically chosen for an RV interior environment, basically leaving them on for long periods of time and power surges. The quality of chips and the design of our cages are far superior to lesser bulbs. You can also spend more on comparative bulbs, but we contract build and import directly, which keeps our costs more reasonable then $25.00 bulbs. We also offer more 10-30v rated bulbs so you won't experience melt-down with power surges or older rigs. We contract through SEMA member factories. Of course we also control the designs, and warranty in the USA.
Avoid buying Direct From China on Amazon and Ebay. You never know what you will get and you are not supporting the US Economy. Read more and support this effort here."

M4 Products
Uhhh..... That's an Ad, of course they claim to be superior. Yugo claimed to be a great car, New Coke, Crystal Pepsi were the next thing in soft drinks. When all else fails, claim patriotic duty!

Not to say they aren't good, but you do have to consider the source of the information.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 11:49 AM   #25

AS an aging photographer, I understand kelvin color temperature. We are creatures of our environment. Daylight is 5200-5400 degrees Kelvin. We all see better in daylight colored lamps. I can meter 2 lamps, one at 3200 Kelvin and one at 5400 Kelvin. They read the same lumins but the 5400 lamps appear about 50% brighter. We are programmed to see best at that color temperature. I always go for the cool white LED as it more closely approximates daylight.
-Paul R. Haller-
Paul R. Haller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:00 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
And I always go for the warmest white in LEDS that I can get as it comes the closet in color temperature to the incandescent bulbs that the coach originally came with back in 2001. They never seem to be exact but Oh Well.

The day I bought the coach I removed ALL of the ceiling tubes and installed Kitchen/Bath Warm White Florescent tubes.

I am just now SLOWLY converting over to LEDS as my original bulbs expire.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:48 PM   #27

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
And I always go for the warmest white in LEDS that I can get as it comes the closet in color temperature to the incandescent bulbs that the coach originally came with back in 2001. They never seem to be exact but Oh Well.

The day I bought the coach I removed ALL of the ceiling tubes and installed Kitchen/Bath Warm White Florescent tubes.

I am just now SLOWLY converting over to LEDS as my original bulbs expire.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
I have to agree with you 110% Richard. Throughout the ages our ancestors used candles, oil lamps and gas lamps (fire if you will) to light a home at night. For me there are certain things that make home feel like home; real wood cabinets, natural stone floors or countertops and of course fireplaces just off the top of my head give a warmth that says "home".
I had a commercial photography studio in Lake Tahoe for many years so I understand where you are coming from Paul however how you light for the feeling of warmth compared to sunlight/outdoor lighting is very different to me.