Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2011, 08:33 PM   #15

My trailer came with the reese dual cam set up ... It is the first wd hitch I have ever used it it really helps out a lot and works good

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2011, 01:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Load Levelers and anti-sway bar. Two different items and two items I highly recommend.

I'm out of touch as to what brands are out there now. Any good Trailer/Hitch place should be able to advise you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
For your Spartan, I'd consider the Reese Dual Cam HP Straightline hitch. Weight distributing and sway control both. It is a well proven design and reasonably priced. There are higher priced hitches like the Hensley Arrow that work great as well.

Not many dealers will take the time to properly install a Dual Cam, so read the instructions and install it yourself. It is not hard, just takes some time.

Ken
Thanks for the tips. That gives me a place to start looking

Old 09-22-2011, 08:36 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77 Spartan View Post
That is one lucky Family and what a scare that must have been.

We just purchased a 1977 Spartan 34' Travel Trailer, my wife and myself are new to RVing AND will be purchasing sway bars before our first trip.....after seeing that video

Can anyone recommend a name brand and or give some feedback from personal use?

Thanks so much!
Check out the 3P hitch before making a purchase. It is similar to a Hensley hitch. Both are the Rolls-Royce of trailer hitches. They are expensive, and well worth the money. It's said they make a TT pull nearly as stable as a 5er.

Skip, you're right; the safety chains are holding the truck in the air. I watched the video 3 times to be sure. My logitech keyboard has the ability to zoom in a page quickly, independently of any other controls, which made my old eyes see the details.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:47 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Check out the 3P hitch before making a purchase. It is similar to a Hensley hitch. Both are the Rolls-Royce of trailer hitches. They are expensive, and well worth the money. It's said they make a TT pull nearly as stable as a 5er.

Skip, you're right; the safety chains are holding the truck in the air. I watched the video 3 times to be sure. My logitech keyboard has the ability to zoom in a page quickly, independently of any other controls, which made my old eyes see the details.
Thanks so much for the link and information