Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2007, 12:05 PM   #1

We have a 34' 2006 Sedona that we had at a RV park for 3 months. Our water pressure was great and it was well water. We just moved it to our property with a new well and our water pressure goes from good to none. I called Gulfstream and they told me they did not know. The problem is our manuel that we got with it the water diagram does not match ours. If someone might know what the problem might be. Our well has excellent pressure and none of the filters are clogged.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2007, 12:05 PM   #2

We have a 34' 2006 Sedona that we had at a RV park for 3 months. Our water pressure was great and it was well water. We just moved it to our property with a new well and our water pressure goes from good to none. I called Gulfstream and they told me they did not know. The problem is our manuel that we got with it the water diagram does not match ours. If someone might know what the problem might be. Our well has excellent pressure and none of the filters are clogged.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:07 PM   #3
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
When we had a well dug a couple of years ago at our lake property, we noticed a significant drop of water pressure in our rv at about the 3rd trip. Check at the freshwater hookup on your rv. It should have a small conical washer/screen combo similar to that on water connections to a washing machine. Ours on the rv wash clogged and was easily cleaned. You will find also that new wells especially will spit up sediment or whatever for sometime. Also check any wire screens on your faucetts for sediment buildup.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:21 AM   #4

Thank You!!! We will check that out the next time we go up there. We did look at the screen from the outside and it did not look dirty but we need to take it our & clean it. Thank You again.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:47 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
If you have an in-line whole unit water filter, check that too. Ours clogged up in just a very short time & we eventually just removed it altogether to keep good water pressure.

L-
Lori & Dave - FMA #3415 | FMCA #F419886 | RV/MH Hall of Fame Lifetime Member
2006 Fleetwood Bounder 36Z & 2014 Honda CRV EX-L AWD, My iRV2 Photo Albums
How is it one careless match can start a forest fire but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?
NLOVNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:41 AM   #6
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NLOVNIT:
If you have an in-line whole unit water filter, check that too. Ours clogged up in just a very short time & we eventually just removed it altogether to keep good water pressure.

L- </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point; I forgot about that. We also removed our inhouse filter and just use a basic inexpensive sediment filter similar to this http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...fm?skunum=9399 and use bottled water for drinking. I still think he's getting gunk from the well as he stated it was newly dug.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:02 PM   #7

I've had several problems with the cheap inline pressure regulators . Normal pressures they worked fine. At campsites with high pressure the regulator would give me no pressure. Not even a drop of water would flow through them. I went through 3 of these before I bought a real regulator with guages. No problems since.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:43 PM   #8

Hi 57Chevy! Welcome to irv2.com!

To the OP- I have had a whole house sediment filter clog completely with sand and rust in a month. That was in S. FL. I suggest using one to protect the appliances and fixtures in your RV. Filter cartridges are very cheap compared to your RV appliances and fixtures.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:13 AM   #9

We have experienced problems with insufficent pressure from time to time. The filter has shown itself to be the problem on a few occasions. Sometimes the problem was the low peressure in the park. We solved it by using our shore water filter and system to fill our onboard tank. We then use the onboard pump and at least know how much pressure we will have.

Retired Navy. 2001 Quad Cab 2500 Auto w/4:10 rear end. PRXB Pac Brake. Miller Manufacturing Truck Bed Cover and Rigged to tow a 1995 29' Automate 5th wheel with 1 slide out
cwsoules is offline   Reply With Quote