RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2019, 08:21 AM   #1

Water pump issues

So I have a 2017 Coleman 2855BH ultra lite that we love. It's our first one we owned, and have used it for 4 nights total. Everything was working great, but when we got home from out last trip, I parked it on the street in front of my house (on a quiet Cul-de-sac). I turned the water on in the kitchen sink and noticed that the water was sputtery, and the faucet was shaking, the same happens in the bathroom (not at violent shaking though). There doesn't seem to be any issues with leaking. I sat in the camper, with the water pump on, and no pressure loss causing the pump to turn on, so I'm assuming that there aren't any leaking problem. The think I'm thinking, is that the ground it's on, is not level, could that cause any issues? Thanks for your thoughts.

emcdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2019, 08:34 AM   #2

How much water do you have in fresh water tank?
How much unlevel is RV?
Did you use water pump on last trip?

Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
How much water do you have in fresh water tank?
How much unlevel is RV?
Did you use water pump on last trip?
Filled it after our trip, and i would say it's a foot off level at least, and yes we used it on the last trip. and it was fine that trip.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:06 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcdonald View Post
Filled it after our trip, and i would say it's a foot off level at least, and yes we used it on the last trip. and it was fine that trip.
If the fresh tank is full, being off level wont be a big deal. Does it do this on both cold and hot water taps? just wondering if your HW tank isn't full?
Old 05-16-2019, 09:08 AM   #5

Maybe your 12 volt or propane hot water tank is still on and boiling water causing pressure to spit water out the faucet.6
Spoonsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:24 AM   #6

No, the water heater is off. I shut everything off at the control panel
Old 05-16-2019, 09:26 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Wilf View Post
If the fresh tank is full, being off level wont be a big deal. Does it do this on both cold and hot water taps? just wondering if your HW tank isn't full?
Yes, it does it for both hot and cold. I just had it dewinterized before this last trip we went on by professionals too, and everything was working when i left the store, and then also during the trip. But after we emptied our holding tanks and got home, it started.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:32 AM   #8

Sounds like air in the system, how long did you run the water? Takes quite a while to get the air out if the water heater was empty.
hillbilly3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly3 View Post
Sounds like air in the system, how long did you run the water? Takes quite a while to get the air out if the water heater was empty.
the water heater was filled, and during our trip it was running just fine.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:41 AM   #10

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The sputtering on the hot side is typical while excess air is bleed out of the water heater. Are you saying that the cold at all facets is also sputtering the same way? The air pocket in the heater should not impact the cold side.

If both hot and cold are puttering the it sounds like the pump is injecting air into the system. Possibly a lose joint between the fresh water tank and the pump. I would add a lots of water to the tank and just make sure the pump is not sucking sir from the tank itself.
rarebear.nm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:46 AM   #11

thanks a lot everyone.
Old 05-16-2019, 10:56 AM   #12

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Let us know how it turns out.
rarebear.nm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:02 AM   #13

If it continues to do it while on the pump, but not when on city connection, it is probably sucking air in on the intake side of the pump. Probably a loose fitting or a missing crimp on the fitting since its a nearly new unit, or could even be a cracked pump.
hillbilly3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:29 AM   #14

Just as an aside....Every TT we’ve owned have a switch on the control panel to operate the hot water heater with propane. The 120 volt and 12 volt switches have both been accessed thur the water heater access door/vent on the outside of the trailer. I certainly wish our current TT had switches for all on a single control panel.

Spoonsize is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump