Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #1

Water runs out of trailer during shower

I wonder if this is normal?
I have small amount of water coming out of the left back corner of trailer where the bathroom is located, I think is probably from when the kids take shower and spills on floor of bathroom, or maybe from a vent ( heat vent)located close to bathtub.
Water from shower maybe going down there.
Anyone else with this issue?
Thank you,
Chel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Is the grey tank full? You mentioned taking showers - unless grey tank dump valve is open showering can fill a grey tank quickly.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:59 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
No, water dripping out of the bottom of a trailer is NOT normal unless it's coming from the A/C condensate drain(s) (normally drains off the roof down the side of the trailer) or the refrigerator drain tube (can run from the tube down the side of the trailer if the tube isn't extended far enough through the cover). It sounds like you have a water leak back there. If it only drips after the shower is used, it's probably in the gray tank drain system between the shower pan and gray tank. Many times the drain in the floor of the shower is loose.

You need to get this corrected ASAP as water intrusion and damage is the biggest killer of RVs. This is especially true if your trailer uses OSB for flooring material instead of marine grade plywood.

Rusty
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
As Rusty noted....water coming out of the bottom of the trailer is always BAD. Fix it fast as the OSB will come apart and you will have a soft floor and require replacing the floor.

If your shower is letting water get on the floor, find a better way to secure the shower curtain and also train the kids to be careful about getting water on the floor.

If you can get to the bottom of the shower, check the drain fitting for tightness. You may need to carefully caulk the inside drain flange.
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #5

Thank you for the reply
Yes I didn't think it was normal
My trailer its new
Got it 1 1/2 years ago, I hope this issue is under the warranty😳
I didn't know that I could leave the grey water tank valve open, but I do think it's a broken pipe or something because the water it's coming from this end corner where there is 2 ( red and blue) tubes , it's coining around this tubes
As soon as I get back I'll take it to the dealer
This sucks!
😲
Old 08-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chel View Post
Thank you for the reply
Yes I didn't think it was normal
My trailer its new
Got it 1 1/2 years ago, I hope this issue is under the warranty��
I didn't know that I could leave the grey water tank valve open, but I do think it's a broken pipe or something because the water it's coming from this end corner where there is 2 ( red and blue) tubes , it's coining around this tubes
As soon as I get back I'll take it to the dealer
This sucks!
��
Check the fittings to the faucets sometimes they contract and expand and some have a funnel washer and it doesnt seal good ....I had that same problem on a class c i owned and all i did was change the funnel washers and problem solved hope this helps
mavric65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #7

[QUOTE=RustyJC;1274269]

You need to get this corrected ASAP as water intrusion and damage is the biggest killer of RVs. This is especially true if your trailer uses OSB for flooring material instead of marine grade plywood.

Does anybody use Marine grade plywood?....Back many years ago...When I was with Morgan Yacht ..and Gulfstar...and Irwin....I NEVER saw a single sheet of Marine Plywood....Everything was ordinary exterior plywood...just the same as they used in houses..

But I definitely agree with Rusty....Find and fix this ASAP!..
Foxhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:01 AM   #8

Hi
I talked with the dealer and my TT is out of warranty
Now I need to take it there and see what is the damage
Probably will cost me $$$ , don't trust this dealer ( stuff I learned after I got the trailer )
How hard will be to fix a pluming issue in an rv?
I'm handy and I may try to fix it before this dealer tries to take more $ out of me.
What do you guys think?
Should I try?
Old 08-16-2012, 12:44 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Give it a try! Worst case is you may have to take it to a dealer but you might just find the problem.

It's best when you can fix most of the problems yourself. This way you know it's done right.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Plumbing is not any difference than a house with PEX piping. Parts are availabel at Home Depot and Ace Hardware.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I agree with Rusty, Water dripping out is NOT normal.

But wait, there's more.

If water is dripping out that means wood is getting soaked and damage will occur if it's not fixed quckly.

I have seen RV's where you had to be real careful where you set your foot down, least it go through the floor, water dripping was why that happened.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #12

Probably a super easy fix. Give it a try yourself by replicating the usage (turn the shower on) and getting underneath to see where it's coming from. If normal usage doesn't leak, then it might be the grandkids getting water out onto the bathroom floor and the water seeping down. They make some corner guards and other items that you can install to keep the water in the shower where it belongs. Good luck.
Yellowreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #13

Thank you
I'll give it a try
I will have to take the bathtub out or figure out how to.
I let u know how it goes
Old 08-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #14

You should either have access panels underneath, behind, or along the side somewhere. There should be no need to take the bathtub out just to check for leaks.
Yellowreef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, shower