Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #1

Is there a webpage/service available that will help narrow down the large field of available trailers?

If I said I want a hardwall travel trailer 28 - 32 ft long, with a queen bed, bunk beds, table with chairs, is there a way to narrow down the 100 of available choices on the market?
northerngmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #2

Is there a webpage/service available that will help narrow down the large field of available trailers?

If I said I want a hardwall travel trailer 28 - 32 ft long, with a queen bed, bunk beds, table with chairs, is there a way to narrow down the 100 of available choices on the market?
Old 10-12-2007, 03:31 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to Rick A
I have used http://www.rvtraderonline.com/ when we were looking. This gave us a good idea of what was available and ussually had some good pictures. It also gave us an idea of price.Once we narrowed it down, we then researcehed the respective manufacturer's websites.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:17 PM   #4

Where are you located? Most larger cities have an RV show at some point.

It's a nice chance to compare units side by side, and you get to look inside the cabinets and get a feel for quality that you can't see on the web.

Taking a digital camera is a good idea. I found I have to start photos on a unit with a shot of the sign that says what it is, since they will all run together after a while...
Jeff_in_The_Dalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:14 PM   #5

Thanks for the input.

I live in Fort Smith NT Canada, which is about 700 miles north of Montana. I live in a small isolated town. The nearest RV dealer is a 6 hour drive away, and the nearest city with an RV show is about a 14 hour drive away. I was really hoping to narrow the selection process down a bit using the internet before venturing out.

I am also considering the power of the Canadian $$ and driving south across the border to pick up an RV.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:26 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I know of some US mfgs that are not allowing their US dealers to sell to Canadian customers.

I know that if you try to take just any old US built RV across the boarder you will either need to have the CSA certs - as well as the Canadian RV certs in order to avoid having to have the unit inspected and tested.

Right now the two dollars are quite close in value so there may not be any real savings.

All things considered, you might be ahead to look at your nearest dealer's web site and see what they have. It will make things easier for warranty service etc. If you buy another brand, it may be even further to the dealer.

There are some TTs made in the pacific northwest - Northwood (Arctic Fox/Nash), Extreme RV (fka Kit), Western Rec Vehicles (Alpenlite), Keystone has a large plant in OR as does Forrest River, Fleetwood is all over the place and Komfort is made in Portland OR. If you keep to the northwest mfgs you will be closer to the factory in case of major problems.
I also helps keep inital transport costs down.

I would hope that Edmonton would have an RV show as well as several dealers - I think this is the 6hr drive - or is it the 14hr drive

The only other town of size near you is Yellowknife.

This looks like a great place for lots of camping