Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #1
Well, I did it!

I bought a 28' Keystone Zeppelin TT today.

Now what would be some good ideas of things for me to get for it that we'll need/want when we go camping?

wmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #2
Welcome to the community. One thing I'd get would be new fresh water hoses. You don't say if it's new or used, but I would caution against using someone else's hoses if they came with a used unit. Also a good tire pressure gauge. Enjoy and get out often!

2011 Newmar Essex 4524
Toad: Chevy Equinox
Newmar KK, Escapees, FMCA
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:16 AM   #3
It looks like our 'shake down cruies' is going to be down I-75 from Tennessee to Florida.
I guess the main thing I am interested in is what additional RV items do we need?
Apparently we get a 'starter kit' that is probably sewer hose and treatment and not sure what else.
I've got waterhose, water pressure regulator, tire gauge, Wheel chocks (?) and some wood blocks on my list so far.
I'm pretty sure about dishes, cooking equipment and linnens etc.

Old 06-10-2011, 05:26 AM   #4
A good selection of tools. Also, if this is your first experience with on board waste tanks AND you are not at a campsite with full hookups, then get a portable holding tank. Camping World has them. You will be amazed at how easy it is to fill up a gray tank in just a day or so.

Happy travels.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood SC
2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
wildtoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:28 AM   #5
Monaco Owners Club
You'll want some stabilization jacks, too. I liked the scissor type, bolted to the frame, and a drill-driver to crank them down.
Jim and Jennie, Cats=Bittles and Potter, 2000 Dynasty 350 ISC
2013 Silverado 4x4 Towed with R1200GS in bed.
PROV23:4 Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:32 AM   #6
Thor Owners Club
Congrats......There have been threads about this. One suggestion is to camp in your yard...and make a list of everything you go back in the house to get. If it's just outside the RV stuff. Duck tape, a pretty good box of tools, emergency road kit. But if your first trip is like most, you'll still forget something Peace and Safe Travels....D
Dickson and Tracy
2016 Thor Windsport 31S
2015 Fusion Titanium Hybrid
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:08 AM   #7
Wm, Congrats on your TT and welcome to the forum. Always near a Wal Mart...
John, Deb; & our dog, Benji, Forever in our hearts.
2014 Coachmen Leprechaun 319DS V-10
2011 Jeep Liberty Jet & 2014 Jeep Wrangler
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 06:24 PM   #8
Congratulations. I know you are excited.

Go to Camping World, walk in the front door, look all around and proclaim................I'll take it!

Seriously, stick with the "must haves" like water hoses, sewer hose kit (Rhino), water pressure regulator, leveling blocks, tire chocks, electrical 30 amp to 15 amp adaptor (if you will be plugging in to 15 amp ever), cordless drill, basic tools, generator (if you will be dry camping extensively) to charge batteries or run AC, folding table, folding chairs, patio rug, rugs at steps to wipe feet, bbq grill, outdoor lantern, sterlight type see through storage containers that fit your storage compartments to keep things organized, and there are more things you will discover you "need" as you go camping and even more things that you "want" but don't need and probably don't have room for. Pick up a bushel full of fun while you're at it. That includes a waffle iron from Bed Bath & Beyond. Actually, this is in the NEED category.

Under the basic tools category I have recently added a not so basic monster crescent wrench because on our last trip I noticed that my hitch ball was really loose and I didn't have a wrench to tighten the 1 1/4" nut. But I do now!

Most important, monitor this website on a regular basis. You will find more information here than anywhere else.

2009 Newmar 42 ft. Allstar 4188, Wheelchair Accessible, 400HP Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, Mastertow Dolly, '98 Riviera
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:25 PM   #9
If you did not get a black tank clean out system, I would highly recommend having one installed. An electric tounge Jack is nice. Also, a battery disconnect might be worth checking into
forkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:30 PM   #10
Make sure you tilt/slant your awning even if the forecast doesn't call for rain because it might while you sleep and cause damage. After 4 years of owning a camper I damaged my first awning by not tilting it properly.

On a happier note I would get the antigravity chair!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3246793393.png
Views:	216
Size:	786.7 KB
ID:	11189   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3222597449.png
Views:	220
Size:	876.9 KB
ID:	11190  

Funkmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:48 PM   #11
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
.............Welcome to IRV2 Wm, looks like you made a good choice, it's almost impossible to get everything especially on the first trip, but that will change. You will always think of something you need. Not to frighten you, but a second fire extinguisher is a good idea, as well as a really good flashlight. One op noted a cordless drill for your leveling jacks, A MUST HAVE, I always watch new campers when they set-up and just about all the TT's and 5ers have a cordless drill to operate the corner jacks, works really good especially when it's HOT.
On a side note, I was in Crossville(cumberland mt.state park) back in 1956 as a guest, beautiful place. Good luck and travel safe.
David G.
USAF 1959-1963/ JFK Innaguration parade 1961,
1997 Fleetwood Southwind 37Y, 460 ENGINE on FORD chassis, Power Platform with Tag Axle.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #12
I would recommend some comfy outdoor chairs and maybe an outdoor rug to keep dirt being tracked in. A couple extension cords and a water filter to hhok on the hose. Also we recently got a device that locks between the tires (if you have 2 on each side). That really helped with the trailer rocking when we are in it. Also a tounge lock to lock the trailer up and side mirror extensions help you see better when traveling. A sway bar if you dont have one.
Snowgumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #13

Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Coastal Campers
First aid kits in the RV and the Truck...and a heart starter thingie.
'10 Forest River Sierra 300RL 5th & 12 Chevy Silverado 2500HD - SK3 70-72 Go Navy!
Georgie-boxer mix, Skippy-Jack russell and Ollie.
Glassalley52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:21 PM   #14
'Heart starter thingy'? Wow, I didn't know this was going to be so stressful. :-)