Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2019, 07:00 AM   #29

Wyofree, to go places the motorhome will not fit. We had to bypass many a campground or out of way place because of the size or weight of the motorhome.
NevadaNick is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2019, 07:17 AM   #30

Thanks Nick, And how happy have you been with the move to the TT? I’ve been very pleased by the availability of different interiors. To date I’ve not been in a TT it’s just been looking and thinking about them. All I know is if I’m going to look and be serious about it I want to start with the brands with the best reputations. Like Tiffin, a great brand!
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 09:12 AM   #31

We haven't bought yet as i want to sell some unused stuff (boat and xtra truck) before bringing anything else home. We do know that it will be an Outdoors RV Timber Ridge Titanium 25rds though. Its been a long time deciding as we had talked about a truck camper as well.
NevadaNick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 12:25 PM   #32

Hi Nick, I just looked at your Timber Ridge Titanium 25rds and it’s similar to the floor plans I’ve been looking at. My master plan is to keep the Prevost and buy the TT for family style outings. My Prevost doesn’t have slides So there’s a method to my madness. Plus the TT is something we can hook up and go with little muss and fuss.

I’ve been frankly amazed at how nice some of these TT’s are. Very nice and very functional. I saw one recently with front living and two apposing slides with couches and another coach facing the front cap where the big TV is. My heavens that and the dinette will put 10 people in the viewing/conversation area. And it’s only 34’. Don’t know if that’s the one that’s right for us but it’s a nice one!
Old 11-23-2019, 12:51 PM   #33

We have a Timber Ridge 25RDS. Love the floor plan. Perfect for two or even a family of 4.
This summer we took our 3 grand daughters along on a family group vacation. One slept on the dinette and the other two smaller ones slept on the pull out sofa bed. With the main bedroom having a door it worked great. I could slip out in the morning through the exterior bedroom door while the Gkids were still sleeping.
One night we had 5 adults and 5 kids in the TT. Didn't feel cramped at all.
We did a 28 night trip this summer and were very comfortable in the 25RDS.
We have two nice recliners that we leave in the TT in place of the sofa. Much more comfortable for relaxing than the sofa. We only put the sofa in when we take the Gkids which is only 1 or 2 times a year.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:08 PM   #34

Hello again Cumminsfan, Yes and that’s what I’ve been saying as well. The amount of space and versatility of a TT has amazed me. I also very much enjoy an actual oven which you hardly see anymore in a Motorhome. I’ve really enjoyed the “looking experience”. So many more configurations than a motor home. I was really impressed as I started looking.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:12 PM   #35

If your pushing over a 30’ TT you should also keep 5th Wheels in your search.
Just my .02
bneukam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:21 PM   #36

My wife just reminded me that I’m not the best at backing up there is. I’ve never liked her!!! But her point is valid and is something I’ll need to work on. I told her I’m always forward thinking. I remember some years ago I was backing a Uhaul into the driveway with no great success. She had a great laugh at that. Hey we can’t all be good at everything right?
Old 11-23-2019, 01:31 PM   #37

Hi bneukam, Nope, no interest in a 5th wheel.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:59 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
My wife just reminded me that I’m not the best at backing up there is. I’ve never liked her!!! But her point is valid and is something I’ll need to work on. I told her I’m always forward thinking. I remember some years ago I was backing a Uhaul into the driveway with no great success. She had a great laugh at that. Hey we can’t all be good at everything right?
LOL, backing can be tricky at times. We have a site at a favorite CG we go to. We've only been in it twice because it's a really popular site. 1st time trying to back in, it became obvious that with my wife's directions and my inability to have a good view that with me driving I was never getting that trailer in the spot. So I got out and had my wife drive. Since I knew what needed to be done it was easy for her to follow my directions and she stuck the landing perfect.
I still think that it would be easier if I gave directions while she backed the TT in but something about being a guy watching the wife back in just ain't right. Even if in our case is easier sometimes.

Another funny story, we were sitting at a CG in our spot out under the awning just hanging out. In drives a couple with a fairly long (30') TT. The wife gets out and the guy attempts about 3-4+ tries at backing in. Just couldn't do it.
Guy gets out of the SUV and the wife gets behind the wheel. 1st try she gets close. Pulls forward, sits there for maybe 20 secs. Then sticks the TT right in the spot.
Old 11-23-2019, 02:19 PM   #39

Yes indeed Women Rule! An SUV with a 30 fit plus TT, how often do you see that? I’ve not seen an SUV that will pull over 8000 lbs?
Old 11-23-2019, 03:08 PM   #40

My neighbor down the street pulls a Grey Wolf non slide with an Expedition. I don't know what his SUV is equipped with but if you get the right options it's rated for 9200lbs with 4wd and 9300lbs with 2wd. His TT's about 5000 dry @29'+
So yeah it's doable with the right options.
Old 11-23-2019, 03:10 PM   #41

Just got back from looking at Rockwood travel trailers. I looked at all they had (about a dozen) and even the Rockwood Signiture had a plastic toilet.

They had a kinds of floorplans. Kitchen in front, middle and back. You will have your work cut out for you in trying to pick just 1 floor plan.

Back 10 years ago there were no trailers with opposing slide outs. Now there are a lot with opposing slidouts that really open the trailer up. I have now had two salesman tell me the TPO roof on the Rockwood/Flagstaff is a bit thicker then standard from other manufacturers. No way to tell other than cutting it.

From what I have seen so far the Flagstaff 29 RSWS is still my fav.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 03:18 PM   #42

I was talking with a guy not long ago who has a 36’ Reflection that’s something like 8600 pounds. He picked it up with his Chevy suburban and on his 15 mile drive home said he was buffeted pretty bad. He said he had a hitch of some kind installed. I don’t remember the name but said it cost $1200 bucks and settled things down greatly. To the extent he’s keeping his SUV and forgetting about the Ford 250.

Oh, Hennessy I’m pretty sure he said Hennessy, or Henderson or something like that?