Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-21-2019, 07:53 PM   #1

What are the Luxury TT’s

I’ve been amazed how many different travel trailer brands made under the same Manufacturer. Jayco alone seems to have a dozen or more? My interest is in the the Fiberglas TT’s with aluminum construct.

I’d like to know the top luxury manufacturer’s and what their top luxury band is. (Just TT’s not 5th wheels) Like;

Grand Design: Reflection brand. Thanks guy's
WyoFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2019, 07:54 PM   #2

Look at LANCE .....
Just saying...
scrapperjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 09:06 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Airstream, if “fiberglass” isn’t really a requirement. If you’re ok with used Earthbound
Old 11-21-2019, 09:22 PM   #4

Look at Excel Winslow Tt DT33 RLE. there rare and only made a few years. there luxury TT at its highest. hence they didnt sell well due to price.

Artic Fox TT is a fine unit too.

if unlimited budget spacekraft will build a TT however you want
consolenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 06:35 AM   #5

Quality Travel Trailer Brands

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f50/best-...-443427-2.html
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 07:47 AM   #6

There are no fiberglass sided luxury TT's. The only luxury TT is Airstream. The rest are just blinged up generics.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:04 AM   #7

This is an interesting question. I am looking for my 4th RV and want it to be a travel trailer. So I have seen dozens of travel trailers.

I do not consider the Grand Design Refection as a luxury trailer. It is no better than the Flagstaff/Rockwood twins Classic and Signiture lines.

I do not consider Air Stream as a luxury trailer either. Without a slide and without great insulation it can not be considered luxury. It is more an expensive nitche' trailer.

There are really no luxury trailers that I know of. Jayco builds the Eagle 5th wheel but above the Eagle is North Point and Pinnacle 5th wheels. The best trailer they make is the Eagle 330 series. They do not make a North Point or Pinnacle Travel Trailer.

In my searching and looking the biggest trailers are the Jayco 330 series and the Flagstaff Classic and Rockwood Signiture Series. For example: the Flagstaff Classic series can come with slide toppers, dual pane windows, awning metal protective cover, auto leveling, 2 batteries, sound bar, laminated roof, nice interior. These trailers have a GVWR of around 10,000lbs. Models like the 8320KBS or 8321KBS.

The Jayco 330 series is also a very nice trailer. I like the farm house interior which is more residential. But these travel trailers have a GVWR of just under 12,000lbs. What I am talking about are the 330RSTS or 322RLOK or 338RETS.

Here is my fav interior so far in an Jayco Eagle:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191016_135822863.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	267606
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 08:04 AM   #8

Hi AM Cumminsfan, I know that Airstreams is on top of the TT industry. But I’m looking for TT’s with slides.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:11 AM   #9

Hi tuffr2, We we’re posting at the same time. I’d like to stay between 29 to 34 ft and under 10,000 lbs. I’ve seen some nice ones and the Eagle by Jayco and Signature by Foresrr the River are two of them. I looked at the TT you posted and it’s sweet for sure and I love the 7 ft interior, it’s just too big.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:18 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Hi AM Cumminsfan, I know that Airstreams is on top of the TT industry. But I’m looking for TT’s with slides.
I figured that, and I understand what you're looking for. I guess maybe you could explain what you think a luxury TT would consist of.
I've owned 4 trailers. 3 TT's and one 5er. None of which I would call luxury. My Outdoors RV is as nice as they make IMO. If you move up to the ORV Blackstone line you get more 'Bling' features but that really doesn't make it luxury.
IMO a luxury TT would have to be loaded with the same higher end features as say, DRV, Riverstone, Landmark 365 5th wheels.
Right now only Airstream offers higher grade materials than the industry standards in TT's.

All the brands like Jayco, Forest River, Heartland, Grand Design, Winnebago, Keystone are pretty much the same. Quality is about equal and what you're getting is basically a re-branded replica of another brand. Floor plans are the same across all lines with the exception of Grand Design as they have some more unique floor plans. Others are trending their way though.

Some brands offer things that others don't like in house built frames, Azdel backed exterior walls, laminated bonded roofs and floors, different suspensions, etc.

But for the most part the only things that make one more expensive over another is some upgraded items like solid surface counter tops, awning lights, fiberglass front caps, fiberglass siding, flush windows,

Most furniture is the same brand, just a different look. Appliances, AC's, water heaters and furnaces are all from the same pool of suppliers.

IMO Airstream even though they don't have slides offer more high end luxury than any other TT on the market.
Yes they use some of the same suppliers for appliances and such, but everything else is higher grade.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:36 AM   #11

Hi Cumminsfan and thanks for your response. When I said luxury what I really meant is the top of the line brand name for each of the top manufacturers. My thinking of course is their top of the line TT will have the best equipment etc.

My problem has been when I go to a manufacturer’s Ishtar I cant figure out their top of the line. Winnebago is the only one making it easy because they show the price right with the TT.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:50 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoFree View Post
Hi Cumminsfan and thanks for your response. When I said luxury what I really meant is the top of the line brand name for each of the top manufacturers. My thinking of course is their top of the line TT will have the best equipment etc.

My problem has been when I go to a manufacturer’s Ishtar I cant figure out their top of the line. Winnebago is the only one making it easy because they show the price right with the TT.
Sure. Yeah it can be a little confusing. I think one clue that will help is to look at the exterior of the TT. There's a progression related to price.
If you look at the front cap on TT's you'll find that the lower end units just have a rolled filon front. Next up you get 2/3's fiberglass front cap with diamond plate on the lower 1/3. and last you get a full fiberglass front cap.
Thats not 100% accurate but pretty close. If you look at only 100% full fiberglass front caps then that will get you into the higher level of amenities.

Using Jayco as an example you'll see the White Hawk and then the Eagles.
Obviously since Jayco shows their prices it's easy to decipher which is considered the more higher end.
So does Grand Design.

With that being said, a FG front cap does not guaranty better quality.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:11 AM   #13

Since I am also looking for an upscale trailer I agree. You can not really tell. Again, not easy to tell. For example Air Stream even makes 4 or 5 trim levels. And they keep changing, does Air Steam build a 2020 Land Yacht?

And as travel trailers add luxury they get larger and heavier.

My favorite travel trailer for a balance of size (Towable), luxury and build quality is the Flagstaff 29 RSWS. This travel trailer has 3 slides but one is just a wardrobe slide. This trailer is in the Flagstone 'Super Lite' line. Not their better Classic line.

I agree the Jayco Eagle trailers are too big. You might find a Jayco WhiteHawk that you like...but again, it is not luxury but nice enough.

Even the Peterson Winslow trailer that was mentioned (which is out of business) built a 5th wheel that was a step up from the Winslow.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 11:30 AM   #14

Isn’t the Rockwood of higher quality than the Flagstaff? I say that because the Flagstaff has a plastic toilet and the Rockwood is porcelain. Not that that’s the only thing of course, but is why I want to shop the top brand within the manufacturers product line.