Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #1
Bear25314's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 60
What are these?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2754293036.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	441.9 KB
ID:	23520

Can anyone tell me what this is? It's under my bathroom sink in my TT. The black "knob" spins at the top when I turn it but doesn't screw off. Also any idea why one of the hoses is orange? I opened up a panel underneath this(the hoses go through a hole into a lower covered area below this area underneath the bathroom sink) and connect to all the other water hoses but they are all white in color. Also the water pump is in that area. I'm trying to investigate how water was coming into this area when I used the outside black tank flush from our first camping trip with this new trailer. Thanks y'all...

Bear25314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
Senior Member
Theberrys's Avatar

National RV Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,615
It looks like a air admittance valve. They are designed to let air into the hoses but not let the water out. There is a flapper of sorts inside to act as a check valve. If water is comming out than you need a new one.


1999 Tradewinds 7372 Cat 3126
Albuquerque, NM
Theberrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
Senior Member
jzick's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,193
That is probably the anti siphon valve for the black tank flush line. They are typically put under bathroom sinks. When they fail (or are put in backwards) they will leak water.
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
Bear25314's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 60
I do think that's where I had water coming out when I attached to the black flush tank when getting ready to leave the CG. Can I usually find one of these at the RV store?
Bear25314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.