RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2019, 06:15 PM   #43

I have a 2019 Palomino Solaire 268BHSK. For the most part, my wife and I love it, but if there was one thing I could change, it's the A/C. It's just too darn loud. The A/C unit sits on the roof, right over our entertainment center. We can't even enjoy watching the TV because we can't hear the dialogue. We've even tried using separate ear-phones, but that kind of ruins the experience (we feel like we're on an airplane). I'm seriously considering getting it replaced, but it's kind of expensive ($1000+). Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Rodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2019, 04:46 AM   #44

Vintage RV Owners Club
Our '92 Sandpiper by Cobra is our first.

Dislikes:
  • We could use a little more elbow room all around as I'm 6'4" and 300 lbs.
  • It has spoiled us because as we look at newer models we have to get into the higher-end units or else we have to compromise on the quality of appliances and build.

Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 11:36 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st-tt2018 View Post
Take a look at this for the generator.

https://www.harborfreight.com/12-ton...QaArIwEALw_wcB
That's a great idea for more than a generator. I'll have to look into mounting one of these. I just tossed a HF 25% off coupon which would make it even more desirable... Thanks for posting it.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:55 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
I have a 2019 Palomino Solaire 268BHSK. For the most part, my wife and I love it, but if there was one thing I could change, it's the A/C. It's just too darn loud. The A/C unit sits on the roof, right over our entertainment center. We can't even enjoy watching the TV because we can't hear the dialogue. We've even tried using separate ear-phones, but that kind of ruins the experience (we feel like we're on an airplane). I'm seriously considering getting it replaced, but it's kind of expensive ($1000+). Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Yes here's an idea. I got this from a seller when I was looking for a TT.

Get a portable room AC that vents out a window via a tube.
Keep your built in unit to cool of the rig then run the portable to maintain the cool. The one I have is a Frigidaire but here is one from Amazon to give you the idea.
https://www.amazon.com/Whynter-ARC-1...-1-spons&psc=1
Old 07-12-2019, 01:30 PM   #47

Vintage RV Owners Club
I REPOSTED THIS BECAUSE I DID REMEMBER A DISLIKE.... :(

It's something we're getting used to, but the holding tanks are too small. The fresh is 24, the grey 20, and I think the black is 20 too. Couple this with the essentially worthless I-only-measure-3rds-when-I-do-work meter system, and it's just a stress point. I put a meter on the incoming water connection and picked up a portable roller tank. I can't imagine this working if we had kids or boondocked.

Our '92 Sandpiper by Cobra is our first.

Dislikes:
  • Holding tanks too small !!!
  • We could use a little more elbow room all around as I'm 6'4" and 300 lbs.
  • It has spoiled us because as we look at newer models we have to get into the higher-end units or else we have to compromise on the quality of appliances and build.
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 11:43 PM   #48

Ours is a Toy Hauler not that we ever put toys in it.

I like being able to drop the rear door and with a electric leaf blower blow all the dirt and dust out. Also because of the big rear door we put a household chest freezer in the back which stays rock solid frozen all day long if we are driving. Have gone 700 miles with it off and ice cream is still frozen if its on the bottom. Another nicety is using the rear door as a patio!

Things I wish it had:
A few more feet would be nice but cant complain as it was a gift.
Could use more interior and exterior storage.
The black tank is kind of small.
Small refrigerator
Old 07-14-2019, 07:57 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320Fastback View Post
Ours is a Toy Hauler not that we ever put toys in it.

I like being able to drop the rear door and with a electric leaf blower blow all the dirt and dust out. Also because of the big rear door we put a household chest freezer in the back which stays rock solid frozen all day long if we are driving. Have gone 700 miles with it off and ice cream is still frozen if its on the bottom. Another nicety is using the rear door as a patio!

Things I wish it had:
A few more feet would be nice but cant complain as it was a gift.
Could use more interior and exterior storage.
The black tank is kind of small.
Small refrigerator
That leaf blower idea is a good reason for a toy hauler that I didn't think of...
Old 07-16-2019, 08:12 PM   #50

Forest River Owners Club
2018 PrimeTime Tracer 215Air. Has a single slide out for the dinette.

Likes: roomy enough for 3 people and 3 dogs. Bathroom has a roomy shower, A/C cools the TT down quickly and all vents are ducted. 4 season insulation is enough to keep us comfortable through cold nights with minimal heating, and it's light enough my F150 can easily tow it safely. Easy lube bearings are nice too. I have added a 200W solar system with mppt controller and a 250AHr batter bank. I have added 12V plugs and USB charge ports on both sides of the bed. I added a battery monitoring system.

Dislikes: no under bed access to the passthrough, stock equalizers were harsh causing things to fall apart. Once I upgraded to isolating equalizers it rode much smoother. Had the A/C controller fail, microwave face fall off, crown molding on the slide out fall off and the kitchen faucet started leaking. No ladder for roof access, and stabilizers are flimsy.

That being said we are on our 3rd season with it and we have enjoyed using it. We plan on keeping it for about a decade and aside from a few wrinkles I expect we'll definitely get our money's worth. Next upgrades include 2 more100W panels, new tires and a 3rd 125AHr battery. We like boondocking.

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer