Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2005, 09:06 AM   #1

Got our new Roo233 hybrid back last nite from Forest River. Long story, short the dealer hid that the tents were falling out, there was a crack in the fiberglass, and the back latch was falling out of the outside wall. Forest River fixed the tents and put a new side wall on it. As for the outer back latch that had been repaired once already, all they did was take a block of wood ( wallpapered it to match) and attached it to the inside wall and screwed into it for support for the back latch. Guess I thought since it was a new camper they would replace that wall also. What do you think. I sure hope it hold up.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2005, 09:06 AM   #2

Got our new Roo233 hybrid back last nite from Forest River. Long story, short the dealer hid that the tents were falling out, there was a crack in the fiberglass, and the back latch was falling out of the outside wall. Forest River fixed the tents and put a new side wall on it. As for the outer back latch that had been repaired once already, all they did was take a block of wood ( wallpapered it to match) and attached it to the inside wall and screwed into it for support for the back latch. Guess I thought since it was a new camper they would replace that wall also. What do you think. I sure hope it hold up.

Old 05-27-2005, 02:14 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I would be a little mad if I bought a "new" trailer and it was not really in new condiiton. You need to go back to the dealer and tell him in writting exactly what you want done.

Ken
Old 05-27-2005, 04:25 PM   #4

We did go back to the dealer and they said they couldnt fix it until fall and blamed Forest River for most of the damage. We ended up sending it back to F.R. to fix it now ( plus we didnt trust the dealer.) Forest River refused to give us a new trailer as well as the dealer. I just think they did kind of a poor job fixing the latch. I dont know. Maybe it will be stronger. Maybe not. We are waiting to hear from the Attorney General to form a case against the dealer since there are no lemon laws. Hoping to get him on deceptive practice. There need to be regulations and laws to help protect RV buyers.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:15 AM   #5

I know it to late for you but others that will be getting a rig like yours .Make them put it up check the unit set up to include canvas latches appliances .water gas electric hitch .and then have them show how to stow the canvas and all things needed to use the camper . Skipper entry level for over fifty years.