Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2006, 11:19 AM   #1

I getting confused..

This section of the forum is called "General Discussion" and is for discussions that don't fit into other sections. Right ??

But, the section right above this one named
"TT & 5th wheel - TOY HAULERS"
reads more like a General Discussion that this section does..

NO, I'm not complaining... just confused as to which section I should post certain types of discussions in.

John

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2006, 11:19 AM   #2

I getting confused..

This section of the forum is called "General Discussion" and is for discussions that don't fit into other sections. Right ??

But, the section right above this one named
"TT & 5th wheel - TOY HAULERS"
reads more like a General Discussion that this section does..

NO, I'm not complaining... just confused as to which section I should post certain types of discussions in.

John

Old 11-24-2006, 12:10 PM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

John, the TH'ers tend to stay in their own little forum area as sometimes they're a bit "rough around the edges" with some of their humor attempts...
That's more by design than anything else....but thanks for noticing just the same.

John, the big thing here is to remember that the toyhaulers are a bit different than the usual group. We are kind of a family that posts our own problems in the toyhauler forum instead of putting them in the appropiate forum. In that way we kind of get away with things that most of the rest of the forum doesn't, not that we are better than the rest, just kind of unique in our own special way. you are welcome to come down here any time and join in, remember, we are somewhat unique and a bit biased. Come on down anytime.

By the way, I really like your info for the full timers info that you give out. Thanks!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 02:01 PM   #4

Thanks Bob,, thought I was losing it there for a few moments..
John
Old 11-24-2006, 02:34 PM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John Harrelson:
Thought I was losing it there for a few moments..
John </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now.....THAT may be true as well!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:52 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Interesting, I published a note to John about how our folks at the toyhauler forum are a little bit different than most and it disappeared. Looked all over and could not find it.

What the heck, John, just remember, we toyhaulers are just a bit different than most others and the folks here let us get by with it as long as we stay on our side of the tracks. But hey guy, you are welcome to come by and post whenever you want to. We are a good bunch! Just on the other side of the tracks.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:07 AM   #7
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Interesting, I published a note to John about how our folks at the toyhauler forum are a little bit different than most and it disappeared. Looked all over and could not find it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom,

It didn't disappear, it's embedded into "rebelsbeach" post as the second paragraph and is located 4 posts above which is dated and time stamped November 24, 2006 04:10 PM.

Apparently, you inadvertently did an edit as opposed to a new post.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:10 PM   #8

I still think the title question is valid, with now discussion of the "excel owners forum" being repeated in here.

I got just plain confused looking at all the new posts, which I thought were mis-posted.

03 Ram 3500, CTD, Crew Cab, 4X4, DRW, 6 spd, pacbrake, aFe stage 1 mega cannon with Torq tube.
The Big Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:15 PM   #9

Just returned from a short trip and looking under 5th wheel general discussions all I can find is posts on Excel brand. There are many other brands out there. I don't find the general discussion fits a certain brand but major questions about 5th wheels in general. Just adding our 2 cents.

2001 Ford F250 Diesel
RoyandNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:02 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RoyandNancy:
Just returned from a short trip and looking under 5th wheel general discussions all I can find is posts on Excel brand. There are many other brands out there. I don't find the general discussion fits a certain brand but major questions about 5th wheels in general. Just adding our 2 cents. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roy & Nancy, the brand new Excel forum (which was just started last week...on Wednesday, or Thursday) started out as a subgroup under the TT & 5th Wheel - General Discussion forum...that's why you saw all the posts for Excel. However, we now have our very own forum under the Owner's Corner, so you shouldn't see any more Excel posts here.