Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2013, 07:58 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtjt View Post
I have a 2011 caliber made by heartland. I do not like it.Taking it to many times to the shop to be fix. Always something wrong with it.
What is a good trailer to buy.Is a Dutchman or a Coachman good. What do you think. Looking for 27 foot to a 29 foot with one slide out. looking for a 2013. What is a good brand to buy. (Bumper Pull)
jtjt
We purchased a Kodiak by Dutchmen. More than entry level but definitely not the most expensive. We like it so far. It's a 2014 279 rbsl. The cheap shower lining on the wall and material used to under pin the unit is my biggest complaint thus far. Otherwise I think it will serve us well.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #30

Thor Owners Club
Thumbs up 2007 Sunny Brook

We purchased a 2007 Sunset Creek by Sunny Brook and love it. It is stable and quick to set up. We almost purchased a new Prowler but found the quality of the used Sunny Brook to be a better buy for the money

Old 09-01-2013, 08:25 AM   #31

We bought a 2012 holiday rambler aluma-lite ultra 187qb.

Have been very happy with it build quality seems very good. Few small things as all units will have.

Tows vey nice down the road.

We looked at lots of trailers for over a year and this one kept on bringing us back.

They have a big line of trailers maybe check them out.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:54 PM   #32

Looking at Rockwood 2306 with Murphy bed and. Bunks? Anyone have issues?
Old 01-14-2014, 01:57 PM   #33

2014 Kodiak Dutchmen. Used 4 times. Pours in water on slide. Under part of slide on both sides is tearing up just to get started :(
Old 01-17-2014, 04:53 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSun View Post
Looking at Rockwood 2306 with Murphy bed and. Bunks? Anyone have issues?
I have a Rockwood Mini light 2109 the non Murphy bed edition. 2012 model. Just minor fabrication issues but seems to be norm in many manufactures. No other issues, have about 1500 miles on it. Made it own and get a ton of questions and compliments when traveling.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:15 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
I have a Rockwood Mini light 2109 the non Murphy bed edition. 2012 model. Just minor fabrication issues but seems to be norm in many manufactures. No other issues, have about 1500 miles on it. Made it own and get a ton of questions and compliments when traveling.
Good to know. May I ask what kind of "minor fabrication" issues? I'm really liking the Rockwood line but am finding that the slides are SO heavy that it leaves little leeway for cargo after water and such. I'd love to see/hear how you made your Rockwood your own.

Also has anyone had problems with the slides?
Old 01-17-2014, 11:55 AM   #36

Forest River Owners Club
We love our 2012 Rockwood only problem we had was the door to our outside kitchen.the dealer changed it out for us no charge.No problems at all with the slide.We put about 15000 miles on our Rockwood last year.we are excited to get our camping trips started for the new year.Heading out to Marianna Caverns State Park Fl next weekend.Good Luck on what ever you buy and happy camping.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:06 AM   #37

No problems with slides I do not pull the trailer with a full load of water I balance my load you learn your loading techniques as you use the tt. My pass through I made electro and hard clip mounting points for storage of chairs my tools to use, leveling blocks, fishing poles, the overall key is think light weight. My weight after purchase was 3566 lbs. the yellow sticker on your door represents only the standard trailer, doesn't include options added. My fully loaded trailer for and average trip, 4015 bs not bad.
The minor issues were trim in the bathroom, someone didn't finish their job on assembly. Fixed same day. We love out tt, everything we need. Good luck and enjoy.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:30 AM   #38

Okay, now it's the Rockwood 2104s. My mis-givings are the low cargo capacity. (943 lbs.) seems like this trailers axles may of needed to come from the factory a tad more beefed up. After a bike rack is installed (and bikes) plus all the other "stuff" that comes with camping, I'm close to my limit. Not a comfortable feeling.

This 2104s really does have my bucket list with the exception of the shower. I am going to see if the dealer can install an enclosure. (More weight) also an electric jack, distribution and stabilizing hitch. (Again, more weight)

I hear you on not towing with a full load of water. That would take my cargo load down another 250 lbs. So, what do you do for dry camping? And if you have to haul your grey and black water out, now I'm bringing weight out also? Which brings another question to mind. Where do you dump after a remote camp? Do truck stops have that available for campers for a fee? Any other places?

How about it Rockwood campers? After owning one and traveling, any recommendations for what to stay away from, what to make sure you get at time of purchase? How about a bike rack?

Thanks for all your help guys! I'm taking notes and learning a lot.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:37 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
No problems with slides I do not pull the trailer with a full load of water I balance my load you learn your loading techniques as you use the tt. My pass through I made electro and hard clip mounting points for storage of chairs my tools to use, leveling blocks, fishing poles, the overall key is think light weight. My weight after purchase was 3566 lbs. the yellow sticker on your door represents only the standard trailer, doesn't include options added. My fully loaded trailer for and average trip, 4015 bs not bad.
The minor issues were trim in the bathroom, someone didn't finish their job on assembly. Fixed same day. We love out tt, everything we need. Good luck and enjoy.
Also Boomer, how does the shower work out? Since I'm now looking at the 2104s, it appears they are very similar set ups. Messy? The curtain doesn't look like it'll really do the trick. I'd rather have the tub/shower because I can foresee the water coming out all over. (Or maybe there's a trick to it)