Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2016, 09:38 PM   #1

What is the problem

Some of you folks out there need to chill out. I know squat about the rv world and i rely on those people who do know about the rving world; however i tried to help someone out there with a tax question and am getting bashed for it. I know 90% of everyone on this site knows all about taxes but there was someone who didn't and I was trying to help them as many of you have helped me. I really don't appreciate all the stabs at me for trying to help. If you know about everything then don't read the questions and that way you will not be annoyed. Just trying to help so excuse me if that is so wrong and also there was a time when you knew nothing about anything. God bless and may your gift of knowledge be beneficial to those who don't have any.
cmcguire48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2016, 09:43 PM   #2

Lots of good people here, with lots of good comments. I've been lurking for a while, before finally starting to post. By the way - I found your tax comment useful. Many thanks, and hope you enjoy spending some time here.
Keen Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:50 PM   #3

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcguire48 View Post
Some of you folks out there need to chill out. I know squat about the rv world and i rely on those people who do know about the rving world; however i tried to help someone out there with a tax question and am getting bashed for it.
A thicker skin will also be helpful on the Internet. No, it's not your fault, you're new here, made a small and easily forgivable error, but just realize that many are hiding behind their keyboards waiting to jump out at the first weakness they spot in others. It's like sport to some.

So, if this post has done anything helpful for you, I hope that you will ignore those that go out of their way to deserve it, and not let it bother you too much.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:20 PM   #4

No biggie too old to worry about the small people just concentrate on the good ones
cmcguire48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 10:47 PM   #5

That was 5 days ago.........

Your post was out of the blue (no background or tie to another post) and read like a commercial.
I replied like it was and yes I was a bit snarky.......

I was also taken to task for my post.

Mea Culpa
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:07 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well when it comes to taxes, (And many other things) Many people have opinions, in fact I dare say we all do.

But as you know Opinions are like Body parts, Everybody has body parts, Some stink, some are all wet, and some are well thought out.

I have been beaten up over some of my positions many times in assorted forums and places and on assorted topics.. But ... Well.. I've also had people read what I posted and ask if they could include it in their new textbook as a chapter... Kind of scary when you consider that book will be used to train DOCTORS in a field I do not even have a degree in (I do have an associates degree but in a different field, one more attuned to this forum that medical forums).

But many things are like politics.. Some folks support <insert name of favorite candidate here> and then there are the idiots who support <The other guy>.

You will note I've not stated who is who, (nor will I here)

To bring it back to RV's... Batteries.. I like six volt GC-2 Flooded wet cell DEEP CYCLE Golf Car type batteries (As house batteries)

Some folks just slobber all over AGM's. Which I find over priced.

See how it works.. Yup, that is how the "politics" comment applies here.. For me GC2's are the one I support.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:26 PM   #7

I myself have received some really obnoxious replies in the past from a certain few and am sure they will chime in again as if I fell off a short bus. I would really love to read replies where if you cannot answer respectfully they just don't.

If I have ever seemed a bit snarky I can assure you I meant no disrespect and I will certainly pay more attention to my responses in the future.

My point is that we are all out here for I hope the basic reason, get and give the best advise based on my experiences owning and using a towable trailer. We really should all keep that on mind and just enjoy our family adventures.
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcguire48 View Post
Some of you folks out there need to chill out. I know squat about the rv world and i rely on those people who do know about the rving world; however i tried to help someone out there with a tax question and am getting bashed for it. I know 90% of everyone on this site knows all about taxes but there was someone who didn't and I was trying to help them as many of you have helped me. I really don't appreciate all the stabs at me for trying to help. If you know about everything then don't read the questions and that way you will not be annoyed. Just trying to help so excuse me if that is so wrong and also there was a time when you knew nothing about anything. God bless and may your gift of knowledge be beneficial to those who don't have any.

My picture on your jack knife post was just a joke no harm intended just a funny meme. not one person here knew everything when they started even if they say they did. Sorry if I offended you
rbleau6885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 11:57 PM   #9

May be a newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVGuy1966 View Post

My point is that we are all out here for I hope the basic reason, get and give the best advise based on my experiences owning and using a towable trailer.
I may be a newbie to this forum but I have to totally agree with RVGuy1966. I became familiar with forums in 2005 when I had joined a car owner's forum. There will always be those who come off as snarky without really meaning to and those who like to stir things up. It is all too easy to quickly post something without realizing how it may come across to others.

The majority of people here are genuinely interested in a positive experience for all concerned.

If you have something to contribute, I hope you continue to do so. I know I would like to hear from you.

Chance
Chance31ke is offline   Reply With Quote