Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
What to buy????

Our daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter are looking for a nice, sharp travel trailer with at least a queen bed.....and bunks, since they have another baby on the way ......and two dogs that travel with them. They currently own a beautiful 27' Avenger, but they'd like one in the 5,000 to 5,500 pound range with a slide out.

They'd love to find one that has full body paint....maybe in tan or gray to match his truck. It has to have a bathtub for the children, outdoor speakers for the radio, flat screen TV, etc.

I'd love to hear your suggestions and ideas!! Thank you!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #2

Keystone Bullet 281bhs seems to fit all of those needs. I have one and love it.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:30 PM   #3

Primetime tracer 245 bhs is an ultra lite dream. High end Finnish and everything u have mentioned. Got ours new for 21k mrsp is almost 30k u just need to haggle a bit...
Old 04-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
Fez

We have a crossroads Sunset Trail 29SS and have been very happy with it. Ours is a little heavier than what you're looking for but I believe they have a 26 ft with a similar floor plan that could be closer to 5k weight.

Fez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2RV View Post
... but they'd like one in the 5,000 to 5,500 pound range with a slide out.
The one 281bullet mentioned has a shipping weight of 5,128 and a GVWR of 7590. You can count on it weighing over 6,000 pounds and probably over 7,000 pounds when wet and loaded for the road.

My simple TT with no slide and less than 20' inside length has a GVWR of 5,600 pounds. Granted, it's a full-featured nice small TT, but I suspect you won't find a bunkhouse with a slide with a GVWR of less than about 6500 pounds.

Pump mine up to a bunkhouse with slide and you have this one:

But sorry about the weight:
Unloaded Weight: 6575 lbs.*
GVWR: 11200 lbs.

That puppy will weigh well over 8,000 pounds on the road.

Quote:
They'd love to find one that has full body paint....
Full body paint usually translates to "luxury" which means "expensive", such as an Excel. I doubt you'll find any in the size you're considering.

Quote:
It has to have a bathtub for the children, outdoor speakers for the radio, flat screen TV, etc.
Common amenities that are easy to find.
Grumpy ole man with over 50 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7,000-pound enclosed cargo trailer, RV is a 5,600 pound Skyline Nomad Joey 196S, and my tow vehicle is a 2012 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCrew.
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #6

I second the Sunset Trail line. Very nice trailers and the brown paint looks sharp!
Old 04-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #7

You might take a look at the KZ Spree line. We just bought a 261RKS with an overall length of 29' and is in the 5800 lb range and has a slide. BIG bathroom. We bought the package that includes exterior sandalwood (biege/tan) color with all black trim/accents and fiberglass cap. Looks really sharp. It has a large stand up bathtub (shower) though.... 2 year warranty too. Other models in the Spree line will have bunks. The price was pretty dang good, especially considering all the options we got plus a few non-standard factory options as well.
myredracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #8

Smoky that Model 298 appears to be an exact copy of my Puma. Mine loaded, including tools, dogs, fishing gear, gas, diesel, and wife, (not necessarily in that order) is over 9,000 lbs.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2RV View Post
.....They'd love to find one that has full body paint....maybe in tan or gray to match his truck.
Wouldn't anything other than white make the RV hotter inside in summer when most camping and traveling is done? A/C can only do so much on hot summer days. And does nothing when rolling down the road.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #10

add pic.

Take a look at KZ, many lengths, floor plans, family owned and quality built. Many employees are Amish and they treat them like family, they like their jobs, and in turn are always thinking what can we do too make TT better - their listened too. KZ Recreational Vehicles: Travel Trailers, Fifth Wheels, and Toy Haulers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New TT.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	324.4 KB
ID:	38522   Click image for larger version

Name:	New TT (800x600).jpg
Views:	35
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	38523