Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2018, 07:22 PM   #15

A used Sunnybrook should be on your list too. Well built and well regarded. Winnebago bought out the line in ‘13 or so to start their TT line.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2018, 08:31 PM   #16

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I've been fulltime in my Outdoors RV 19B for three years now. There were two minor problems that I was able to very easily fix myself taking about five minutes of research and five minutes of time to actually repair each. The only thing I wish I had was double pane windows, but that wasn't any kind of deal breaker. It's the smallest ORV model with a queen sized bed they sold at the time. I'd buy another ORV, and from the same dealer, Apache RV center in Portland, again.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:28 PM   #17

Yeah that looks like a very well built trailer. I will start looking around here and see what i can find maybe theres one used. There are quite alot of dealers here around me
DanielT9822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:41 PM   #18

I looked closely at the retail market and settled for a Grand Design Reflection fifth wheel trailer. They are the fastest growing company in the industry, and were recently purchased by Winnebego.

They have a product for every price point in the industry.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:18 AM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielT9822 View Post
Yeah that looks like a very well built trailer. I will start looking around here and see what i can find maybe theres one used. There are quite alot of dealers here around me

You will not find many used ORV's or Arctic Fox units east of the Mississippi. A RVtrader search shows there are 51 used ORV units nation wide . The closest one from Tampa FL. was 800 miles away in Texas.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:43 AM   #20

Damn where did you search that?
DanielT9822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:30 AM   #21

There are two Artic Fox dealers that I know of east of the Mississippi. There is Kelly RV in Pa. and another one in Ohio between Columbus and Cincinnati, I did not look that name up.

I have been to Kelly RV and looked at Artic Fox trailers last July. It was a hot day for Pa. with sun shining at about 1:00pm. All the Artic Fox trailers I looked at still felt cool(ish) inside. Not stinken hot like other trailers.

Oh, there is a Lance trailer dealer in St. Augistine Florida. It is easy to drive across Flrorida and make a day of it. Ocean Grove RV is that dealer. Lance is considered one of the very best light weight built trailer. The are a bunch of La Mesa dealers. Two that know of, one in Stafford Fl. and one in Daytona Fl. They have the Winnebago trailers and maybe Grand Design.

A road trip across Rt. 4
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:15 AM   #22

Lance are also good trailers. Made in California, they seem to be more popular in the west than the east, but there are dealers through out the country. They are considered ultra-light weight but are very sturdy. REV Group bought them earlier this yr. They were family owned prior to that and have been in biz since 1965.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:29 AM   #23

For years and years Lance only built truck slide in campers. They were considered one of the best truck campers.

Not sure when, but they started to build travel trailers. IMHO they use the most modern assembly of any trailer maker. They will build trailers that are easily 1/2 ton towable while Outdoor RV and Artic Fox pretty much need a 3/4 ton truck to tow those.

As you mention you are surrounded by RV dealers. Just start looking to touch and feel the trailers to see if anything hurts your hands or eyes.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:29 PM   #24

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielT9822 View Post
Damn where did you search that?

RVTrader You have to set the following parameters: Outdoors RV / Used / Zip Code / 100,200,400 mile or nationwide search

Nationwide used units (51 used units nationwide)
Old 10-18-2018, 03:41 PM   #25

After reading lots of posts about campers and experiences with service issues, I'm inclined to say check out the dealership's reputation for service before the sale and after the sale. I really feel that I lucked out buying from a dealer who cares and is attentive, making sure that we were happy with our purchase. In fact, to some extent, the dealer you pick might be more important than the brand you buy.
MainelyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:47 PM   #26

A good dealer certainly helps.
60sumtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:27 PM   #27

Dealing with warranty issues can be a real pain. I was kind of relieved when my warranty ran out and I could take it to anybody for repairs. I also get moved to the front of the line because I was a cash paying customer. If I'm getting the run around, I just hook up and take it somewhere else. With a warranty, they have you and will get to you when they run out of cash paying customers.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:21 AM   #28

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Right off the bat, I would take Camping World right off the list. I have had two family members buy from them, and the warranty work side of it was like being in prison and trying to get your RV back on Probation. I have never felt comfortable with any of their sales practice techniques. They pray on first-time buyers, or people who are financially on the edge.

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer