Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #1

iRV2 No Limits Club
When does a warranty expire

Most RV products have a way too limited warranty, one or two years. The question is when does that warranty start. The Galley hatch in out teardrop trailer was built by Challenger Door and it is in the process of failing, rivets holding the hatch pulling out on one side. Because there was a delay in delivery of a year and a half, The company failed and I had to threaten legal action to get the uncompleted trailer. I have had it for less than a year. Champion tells me they have no responsibility because they made the door a couple of years ago. My contention is that the warranty starts the day I take delivery.
Shadowcatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
For all intents and purposes it should be the day YOU take delivery.
I've never heard of it being any other way.

2012 Tiffin Allegro 34TGA
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
woodburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yes when you sign the delivery papers. But in your situation with a failed RV manufacture, that may void any supplier warranties. There going to say the RV was never finished, so it was a in-complete build.
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #4

iRV2 No Limits Club
The supplier does not know it was incomplete and the only thing that was not finished was the wiring and addition of things like the tongue box. The structure including the galley door was complete.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:59 AM   #5
GPW

SC , I don’t think the warranties could be made any longer and the company survive (profit) ... Given the nature of the poor quality of materials and hasty construction ... Plus there are many ways for them to get around the warranty , because of something you did or didn’t do ... (the Fine Print ) ...
GPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #6

iRV2 No Limits Club
I emailed Challenger today and asked what their warranty length is and it is two years. Next week I will file a claim and offer to bring the trailer to them for repair. If all else fails I can take them to small claims court.