Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2016, 04:00 PM   #1

When you bought your new TT...

Did the dealer include televisions? What extras did you ask to be included? I just would like an idea for what I can ask for. I'm looking at a 2016 unit and the price is pretty firm.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2016, 04:07 PM   #2

TV's were included with the 3 new trailers I bought. Ask for an electric jack, two batteries, and two 7gal propane tanks.
Buy a good hitch, such as a Blue Ox Sway Pro.

Old 07-29-2016, 04:08 PM   #3

My Keystone Bullet Premier came with a 42" TV and I didn't negotiate for any extras; although I wish I had asked for a slide topper.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:44 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Any options you get the dealer to include....you are really paying for them as part of the deal. Figure out what you want and make an offer.

Ken
Old 07-29-2016, 08:16 PM   #5

We've already been given a price both with and without our trade and we've also been told how much they'll give us for the trade. We've also been told that this price is pretty non-negotiable. The model we're looking at is a 2016 and I think the price is decent, so I'm okay with that. I do know that he'll include the electric jack. I will need to ask about the batteries and propane. Thanks for the replies. The hitches/antisway they sell are Equal-I-zer brand. I've read lots of good things on here about Blue Ox. How is Equal-I-zer quality? Is it worth purchasing the Blue Ox elsewhere?
Old 07-29-2016, 09:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelkins View Post
We've already been given a price both with and without our trade and we've also been told how much they'll give us for the trade. We've also been told that this price is pretty non-negotiable. The model we're looking at is a 2016 and I think the price is decent, so I'm okay with that. I do know that he'll include the electric jack. I will need to ask about the batteries and propane. Thanks for the replies. The hitches/antisway they sell are Equal-I-zer brand. I've read lots of good things on here about Blue Ox. How is Equal-I-zer quality? Is it worth purchasing the Blue Ox elsewhere?
This is the second TT we have had our Equal-i-zer 1000 on and it has performed flawlessly on both. Easy to hook up and disconnect with the use of the power jack. I assume it helps with sway as advertised but I try to keep my weight in check and speeds reasonable anyway to minimize any sway.
Old 07-29-2016, 09:30 PM   #7

Our local Airstream dealers installs 90% Equal-I-Zer so that tells you something .
Old 07-29-2016, 09:42 PM   #8

Love my Equalizer.
If you're happy with the price then go for it.
Personally if I'm buying vehicles and the dealer tells me the price is "haggle free" or non-negotiable I walk. There is ALWAYS room for negotiation of some sort.
Old 07-30-2016, 10:19 AM   #9

Quote:
Yes the Blue Ox is worth it. My son has an Equalizer. I watched him grease it the other day to quiet it down. He wishes he had bought a Blue Ox instead.

Enjoy your new trailer.
Old 07-30-2016, 03:39 PM   #10

Mine did not come with a television, and I didn't try to negotiate anything else in. I liked it fine as it was (added a couple televisions later much cheaper than any dealer would have). The price was 47% off sticker for a unit that hadn't been built yet, so we got to pick the colors and fabrics.
wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 05:15 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
We've already been given a price both with and without our trade and we've also been told how much they'll give us for the trade. We've also been told that this price is pretty non-negotiable.
The standard answer is not negotiable....but unless you have 25% off the MSRP, they are not as low as they can go. You can ask your bank what your trade is worth wholesale.

WOrk from there. Come up with a number that is workable for you with the dealer being left profit on both the sale and the trade. A dealer is going to try and separate you from as much money as possible.

Ken
Old 07-31-2016, 06:49 AM   #12

Quote:
We couldn't be happier with our Blue Ox Sway Pro. It's easy to hookup/unhook, quiet, backs up nicely, and is built to last!
Old 07-31-2016, 10:20 AM   #13

Battery should thrown in for free. The trailers break away switch won't work without one.
The TV is either a standard or if larger than standard an option. The TV will be listed in the brochure if equipped.
I've never seen a battery listed on an MSRP sheet.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:07 AM   #14

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have purchase two RVs so far and both included propane, batteries, and TV in main living area. The TV in the bedroom was an option on our first RV. I had the hitch thrown into the deal for our first RV. Like others have said I wouldn't make a big deal about the TVs you can get them much cheaper online. The other stuff I would consider standard equipment.

TST 507 TPMS system
N9GUX is offline   Reply With Quote