Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-11-2015, 06:59 AM   #1

Which Keystone Travel Trailer?

I posted a short time ago that our Travel Trailer was just totaled by our insurance company. My wife and I are starting the process over again by shopping for a new Travel Trailer. We are wanting to go a little lighter with our next camper and are looking at Ultra Light Trailer floor plans. I felt that our last TT was a bit heavy. Our tow vehicle is a 2007 Ford F-150 5.4 Liter gasoline engine Automatic Transmission with a 373 rear axle. We have found 2 TT floor plans that we like and feel that they would work for us. Both are made by Keystone Mfg. 1) is the Keystone Bullet 243BHS and 2) The Keystone Passport 2400BH. Both of these units are almost identical with very little difference between the two. We are halfway leaning towards the Bullet as it has more counter space in the kitchen with more cabinet storage space. Are there any Bullet or Passport owners here that could comment here? We are wondering if one of these might be a better grade of quality over the other. Both these units are just under 5,000 pounds. Our 1st TT was a Keystone Outback 21rs model and we were blown away at how well this little TT was built. I also have a question on the all aluminum frame built TT's. Is there any problem with the aluminum frame sweating causing any problems? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, RR
RoadyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2015, 11:16 AM   #2

We just bought a passport 2510RB. We have only taken it out a couple of times, but so far we are happy with it. My 1 complaint would be at first what appears to be a lack of storage space, but we have found a place for everything we need. I can't speak to the build quality of the Bullet, but I think the quality is very similar in the lite category. No problems so far with the aluminum frame. Hope this helps!
sincky64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:21 PM   #3

We just purchased a 2016 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR. While I can't comment on the longevity I can say that the quality is much better than our previous Coachmen Catalina. I'm impressed by the amount of clear caulk and detail to sealing both inside and out. The overall build quality is much better.

After recently RV shopping for travel trailers, what sold us on the Bullet is, first, the floor plan, but second the "thoughtfulness" put into certain things.

For example, we had looked into a Rockwood with a similar floorplan, but many more features, for about $10 - $15k more. But there were some things that just didn't make sense. The theatre seating would hit the windows when you tried to recline in them -- conversely, the Bullet has plenty of room behind the seats to not only recline but also store flatter things.

We've found outlets in places that make sense. Lights in places that we need. Just little things that like that won us over and feel like the RV was made by folks who actually go RVing.
04266832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:09 PM   #4

We have spent the past two winters in our Bullet 248 and we think it's great. Have changed out the mattress, added a euro chair in lieu of 1/2 the dinette, added a larger TV, a fantastic fan and a few other little things. It works for us. A selling feature for us was that it is usable with the slide in. On the way south in the winter we want to get into the bath without going outside. Good luck.
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:16 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
It's a bit hard to find, but there is a Keystone products forum:
Keystone RV Forums

When I bought mine, I couldn't find much on IRV2 about it and most of the actual owner experiences were over on that forum. Be aware that they're a bit tighter with controlling negativity about the product.

I don't know about the models that you're looking at, but in the Keystone Toy haulers, they seem to share common framing and basic construction techniques - with approximately the same level of attention to detail.. Or lack of attention to detail, depending on what you're used to. Honestly, I don't notice much different from Jayco - and in the toy haulers the "quality" level really seems to mean "trim level" when you're looking at Keystone.

Three other comments:
BBB complaints on Keystone - might take a look. I have no data on number of units sold, so the raw number of complaints probably doesn't mean anything. Make your own assessment of company response and compare to other manufacturers.

Keystone has a 1-year warranty.

I bought as I had a buddy with not a single problem for 2 years. Keystone probably makes a lot of units and there are some well documented complaints, but you've got to take that with a grain of salt for the number of units sold...
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 05:57 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincky64 View Post
We just bought a passport 2510RB. We have only taken it out a couple of times, but so far we are happy with it. My 1 complaint would be at first what appears to be a lack of storage space, but we have found a place for everything we need. I can't speak to the build quality of the Bullet, but I think the quality is very similar in the lite category. No problems so far with the aluminum frame. Hope this helps!
Congratulations on the purchase of your new Passport 2510RB. My wife and I toured this model a while back and was impressed with this model. The model we are presently looking at in the Passport, the 2400BH is hard to find in our area for some reason. We looked at the lack of storage space in the kitchen also. We overall like the Passport line and the floor plans. Thanks for your reply and enjoy your new Passport with Many Safe travels on the road.
RoadyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 06:28 PM   #7

We purchased a Passport 3320BH last year, and have put about 4K miles on it, and about 4 months in it so far. All in all, it has been a pretty decent rig. There are a few cosmetic things I've noticed, like the side skirt screws backing out, and we had a small seal issue on the toilet. But nothing serious, just even minor cosmetics. Mechanically it has been great. It's very stable at speed for a 37' trailer. All in all, I don't regret the choice. The only thing I don't like, is the inability to walk on the roof.
MagnaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 08:36 AM   #8

We are out on our first weekend with our new Hideout 280 LHS. Plenty of room! We slept 8 last night. Double bunks in the back are great for 2 people. We had to get a memory foam mattress topper for the queen bed. Sleeps great now!! 1/2 ton pulls it with no problem. 9.6 mpg over 60 miles. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1434292537.987062.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	97230
iamack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel, travel trailer