Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2016, 06:37 AM   #1

Which of these trailers should I pick???

Requirements:
will be towing with a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI w/tow package
length less than 30'
cost less than $26,000
prefer bunks

Which of these three would you pick - OR is there another trailer you would recommend I should look at?

KZ Vision 27' bunk trailer
$19,995
#84084 - 2016 K-Z Vision 22BHS for sale in Sanger TX

2017 Cruiser RV Radiance 28'
24BHDS Touring Edition Bunk Model RV
$25,662
New 2017 Cruiser RV Radiance

2016 Heartland RV Wilderness 28'
2475BH W/Bunks, Pwr Jacks, Pwr Awning, 15.0K A/C
$21,638
New 2016 Heartland RV Wilderness
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2016, 09:04 AM   #2

I pick.....

The one YOU like best!
Old 07-26-2016, 03:28 PM   #3

Ditto on the one you want. Another consideration is the dealer. Make sure you have a dealer who will back up service.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:50 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Given the GW of each. The decision becomes which floor plan you like most. The Ram 1500 w/5.7 can handle any of them.
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:56 AM   #5

All three look nice. Think about things like storage and how YOU will use it. The bedroom is nice if you camp and need/want more privacy, but might make the living area feel smaller. If you have people who need naps (kids/you), that can be great to have a closed off space. Others can use the camper without waking you up. If you don't need the dedicated room, it will feel more open and someone can sit on the bed. Look at the cabinet space available, where will all your stuff go? Think clothes, dishes, food, games, coffee, etc. Is one better equipped than the others? The outside kitchens are great if you will use them (I would) but they do eat up a little of your inside space/storage. Could you make do with a portable Coleman stove& table and regain that space or save money? Do you have little ones who would use the tubs or is a shower stall all you want/need? Think seating/viewing angles inside if you will use the TV much. All 3 have the U shape dinette which is great, we love ours. Think interior colors too. Darks hide dirt, but can be gloomy in bad weather. Brights can be more cheery, but show more dirt/scratches and sometimes you don't want to be awakened with bright cheery sun. Good luck! I don't think you will go wrong with any of them, just make sure you think through everything before pulling the trigger.

Dan
2015F150 4x4 XLT 5.0
2013 Jayco Jayflight 28BHBE 28'
DanFromGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 04:53 PM   #6

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The KZ did not have an outdoor kitchen and the single bunks sorta limit your sleeping arrangements if you ever had another couple stay with you, or even if kids have friends come along.

Of the other two I liked the Cruiser RV better. Seemed like the windows were too low in the Heartland and it just looked cheaper to me. Could have just been the angle of the pics I guess.
keymastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:42 PM   #7

I like a door on the bedroom. Residential fridges are okay if you regularly have power to recharge the batteries from parasitic drain, normal loads and the inverter draw for the fridge. I have a residential fridge on my cruiser but I have 4 batteries plus a gen-set. Outdoor kitchen is probably good for a younger family.
Chowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 11:25 AM   #8

UPDATE:

We will be picking up the KZ Vision tomorrow. As much as I like the extra features of the other trailers (also found a Coachmen Freedom Express I liked)... it was just starting to turn into a never ending upward price climb... we started out looking for a 10' trailer less than $10,000. We ended up with a 28' trailer at about twice that price. There will always be one RV that is "a little better" for just "a little more" - this is our first trailer and we are looking forward to hitting the road and having fun!
Old 07-28-2016, 11:38 AM   #9

There ya go!! Smart man! It will be much better than a tent, and you will make a list of all the things you want for the next one! Have a blast, and get out as often as you can!
DanFromGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:20 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowboy View Post
I like a door on the bedroom.
Ditto. On our Springdale 307 they had one of those very noisy according type doors. It was terrible. I went to Home Depot and got one pre-hung 24" 2 panels door for the bedroom and one 2 panel door to go in place of the door between the bathroom and living area. Not a hard job if you have some skills, and cheap as well. Now I have very nice matching 2 panel doors.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:30 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfcentral View Post
UPDATE:

We will be picking up the KZ Vision tomorrow. As much as I like the extra features of the other trailers (also found a Coachmen Freedom Express I liked)... it was just starting to turn into a never ending upward price climb... we started out looking for a 10' trailer less than $10,000. We ended up with a 28' trailer at about twice that price. There will always be one RV that is "a little better" for just "a little more" - this is our first trailer and we are looking forward to hitting the road and having fun!

Congrats on the decision. Deciding is the hardest part. Enjoy and post pics of the new rig.
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 03:12 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Residential fridge either limits your ability to dry camp/BoonDock or requires lots of generator use/big battery bank/a huge number of solar panels. JMO
2015 Winnebago Minnie 2101DS travel trailer & Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts of WindyNation solar (parallel) with MPPT controller, 2 Trojan T-125s, TALL flagpole and a great attitude…SoCal based. Perfer USFS, BLM, COE, USF&WS, NPS & state park campgrounds.
LarryW21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 05:26 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Get the one your wife likes, or, the one you like

I like the KZ, and, it's cheaper