Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2011, 11:38 AM   #15

Gusto 22, we looked at the Gulfstream Visa when shopping a year ago. We were very impressed and were close to buying one when we discovered that bias ply tires were standard equipment. This may be different this year. My advice would be to run from any manufacturer, not just Gulfstream, if they are making cost cutting compromises like bias ply tires. Bias ply was replaced by radials for highway use decades ago. What other compromises are they making that you cannot see?!!!!! We made the chioce of a Heartland Edge and have been satisfied. There are plenty of other great ultra lite manufacturers on the market. Just make sure you research the heck out of it. Best of luck.
Cam

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #16

We were concerned about some of the shortcuts with the Visa, just loved the design (inside and out). Found a Visa "forum" this afternoon and, after reading the comments here and on that forum, I doubt we will look at it again.

Cam, which model of the Edge did you buy? We have been trying to find a new one in this area for weeks. Local dealer finally got in a used one on Saturday so we rushed to see it, but it had been worked over. Would appreciate knowing what you like (or dislike) about your TT?

Sarah & Russ

Old 08-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennwest View Post
I weld by profession. Beware of "cheap and light". durability and strength can't fall in this category. These units take a beating running around this country. They need a good chassis. lots of flex will break them.
Was your comment in regards to Chiefneon post about Earthbound? I'm not familiar with them at all, but they appear to be pretty proud of their welding skills.

If you have had a chance to review their construction booklet, I'd be curious as to your perspective on their processes. Thanks!
Old 08-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
camr, I run only bias ply tires on my vintage trailer. The problem with radials is when one throws a belt, it becomes a giant shredding machine and will do lots of damage eto the RV. A bias ply will throw chunks on a failure and do less damage to the trailer. For trailer service, a bias ply tire is perfectly acceptable and often preferred.

Ken
Old 08-06-2011, 09:17 PM   #19

The Heartland Edge is a very well built ultralight trailer. I bought an M18 and could not be happier with the quality and features.

http://www.heartlandrvs.com/index.ph...tralight&sc=ED
Old 08-06-2011, 10:31 PM   #20

Be sure to check out Lance TTs before you make your buying decision. We are very happy with ours so far!
Old 08-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #21

I did a ton of research as you are doing. I fixated early on and research paid off and we went with the CruiseRV line. We went larger with the FunFinder 214WSD and love it. I've been reasonably pleased with the construction. We originally thought about one of the 189 models. They have a lower end line that is even lighter.

Www.CruiseRV.com

Good luck.

Kelly
kellylipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #22

Haven't heard of the Lance TT's so will see if there are any in this area.
Looked at one FunFinder but it was not in "show" condition so don't think we gave it a fair consideration. There is a dealer about 100 miles from us, so will try to see a better one there.

Looked at two Heartland North Trail Focus models yesterday. Seemed well made with good floor plans. Anyone know anything about these? Believe they are similar to the Heartland Edge, but we are having trouble locating the Edge units around here.

Thanks for the input.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto2 View Post
Haven't heard of the Lance TT's so will see if there are any in this area.
Quality seems to be every bit as good as their truck campers. We just weren't crazy about their floor plans.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #24

EDGE discontinued?

Just received an e-mail from dealer in South Florida saying Heartland had discontinued the Edge effective August lst. Anyone else hear about this?
Old 08-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #25

We have a Forrest River Rockwood Mini Lite 2502s. Wt with gas is around 4200. Has a walk around bed in front and a slide for the couch. We were pulling with a Tacoma but have since upgraded to a Tundra. Love the TT, no problems and have made 7 trips and counting since March. Good luck!
Old 08-08-2011, 07:31 PM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
One of my fishing buddies has a Harmony by Sunnybrook. It is very nice.
Harmony
tomwalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto2
Just received an e-mail from dealer in South Florida saying Heartland had discontinued the Edge effective August lst. Anyone else hear about this?
Negative. They are still building them.

Tags
heartland