Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2016, 07:09 PM   #1

Jayco Owners Club
White Hawk 28 DSBH... Soon...

OK, I'm done looking. I'm done comparing. For what I need, what's listed in the title will suit us fine. However, the stealerships seem to want me to pay off that big loan they have on their property all at one time so I haven't actually bought it yet... but I did try. Now the game begins... it's called flinch. If I flinch and call them first, they win, and I pay way too much. If they call first, I'll know that they don't have very good prospects for selling it and I'll probably still pay too much, but not quite as much as in the first scenario. I knew that they wouldn't give much fro my trailer, but the difference was a bit stark. I might as well give my trailer to one of my sons instead of trading it in...... So, while waiting for them to flinch, I have it up for sale. I know this will sound like a bit of a brag, but someone will be getting a TT in first-rate condition if someone buys it. I wish it still fit my needs, because everything is fixed, everything works, and nothing leaks. Oh well........

schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2016, 01:38 PM   #2

The 2017 whitehawk is pretty sharp lookin. I did not like the looks of the 16' and prior years. I would just watch what axles and tires it will come with. I have seen some light weight 30'trailers come through with 14'' wheels. That's just wrong in my book even if it is 2,000lbs lighter than a full weight trailer.

2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:26 PM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
I haven't seen a '17 yet. It'll be interesting to see the changes. So far all of this model I've seen have been on 15" wheels with an option of 16" wheels and Maxxis tires. I'm getting a few nibbles on my trailer, so maybe I won't be taking quite so much of a bath on this deal...
Old 07-12-2016, 12:38 PM   #4

I'm glad when I got mine there was no BS. He showed me the sticker sheet. Then I said i'm not paying that. Then he gave me the real price. More than 30% below that. Even with all the options I added.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:31 PM   #5

Jayco Owners Club
Typical dealer markup is about 35%. They all come off MSRP pretty well, but if you're trading something in, hold on to your shorts. I have mine advertised at more than twice my lowest offer on trade and I'm getting hits here on the first day of the ad. They make more on clean used trailers than they do on new ones... and don't have to do warranty work.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:58 PM   #6

Well yeah. Trading in anything you get screwed on. Trailers or vehicles.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:08 PM   #7

Jayco Owners Club
We sold our Surveyor on Monday and made our deal today. We looked at 3 models. They were the 28DSBH, 28BHKS, and the 33BHBS. We liked the 33BHBS a lot but felt it was longer than we wanted to deal with, and eliminated it. The 28BHKS was so nice but didn't have as much storage as our original first choice, the 28DSBH. The latter was by far less expensive. It's not like me to pick the least expensive but this one fit our needs very well. We'll do the PDI Wednesday and bring her home for loading. She'll be in her storage spot by Friday morning...
Old 08-02-2016, 12:46 PM   #8

Jayco Owners Club
We're down to the wire. PDI and delivery tomorrow at 9:00 AM. This came about strangely... I didn't have to beg, make promises, or even mention it... it was HER idea! I feel a little strange about the whole thing. When I was standing in line getting the cashier's check for tomorrow, I had an odd feeling. I'm not stoked like when I got my last one. Oh.... sorry.... It's the first part of August.... not April!
Old 08-04-2016, 01:00 PM   #9

Jayco Owners Club
It's here. It's loaded. We're thinking so far that we made a good choice. I spent a couple of hours looking it over and checking plumbing, etc. So far, so good. Only found one P-trap fitting slightly loose and dripping a bit. Tightened and checked, AOK. Spending Saturday night in it for a better checkout...