Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #15

Element update

I installed a second rail and shower curtain in the "wet bath" which will slide across the entry door to the bathroom and hopefully stop the leaks through the door onto the coach floor while showering. I sealed the window frame that I thought might be the source of the leak into the unit when it rains. After being in it during a serious downpour, I determined the leak is coming from the roof and running down the wall, onto the window sill and then onto the floor. Dealer will be working on that issue under warranty Tuesday.
Being that there is no place to store the sewer hose, I am working on that issue. Any suggestions from Element owners or others?
I am still very pleased with the unit and hope they crank up production again. They need to get the price down to a point where it becomes competitive. I guess you just have to pay for style!! haha

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #16

Slide out topper

One last issue for my Element. I wanted to install a slide out topper/awning and I contacted Evergreen. They said the walls would not support one. Anyone know of a solution? The slide out portion seems secure enough but I'm not sure about the main wall. being there is no wood in this thing I can believe the walls don't have the strength.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #17

What is your towing vehicle?

We have been very interested in the element because it is relatively light weight and more contemporary in style (like Airstreams) than many others. Is it the 24 or 26' model? We have a 2010 Jeep Cherokee w/the Hemi engine and tow rating for 7300 lbs.

There is very little posting on this model and it is great to hear your experience. I wish the other trailer vendors would realize that many of us boomers want a more contemporary look/feel like the Airstreams - we really like the Eddie Bauer version, but probably too weighty for our Jeep.

Thanks
Old 09-03-2013, 07:38 AM   #18

Hi Reverse. I tow with a 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 with the hemi. The Element (I have the 24' model) tows very easily with out needing weight distribution and/or sway bar add ons. I like this model as it has everything I need however I would prefer the real shower in the 26 versus the "marine bath" in the 24. If you're considering purchasing, new inventory is getting low and who knows when they are going to crank up production again. Good luck and please keep me posted.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #19

Dropped off my Element at Lancaster County RV in Salunga, PA this morning to have the roof leaked looked at. I just got a call form them after only two hours that they think they found the area where water was coming in and sealed it. Wow was that fast! Covered under warranty so all is good. Still a happy Element owner!
Old 09-07-2013, 12:22 AM   #20

I have a 2012 evergreen element 24 ft love this trailer but if you have a problem and need to troubleshoot it you will have limited resources but evegreen responds quite quickly to phone calls there are no wiring or building diagrams and to to that off i recently had the whole 36 gallon water tank fall off the unit where when how i could not tell you overal quality is excellent outstanding feature and really high tech lot of bang in a small package. layout for the ones with rear kitchen not recommended tracks smoothly right behind tow vehicle I have a hensley cub cadet tow hitch.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:38 AM   #21

Eelement water tank

Wow-the tank actually fell off? ! Did you find out what failed and caused that? I am just wondering if I should look at anything in particular to ensure that isn't an ongoing problem or if yours was an isolated event. Was it filled with water?
What other issues if any have you had? Thanks for posting your comments!
Old 10-06-2013, 10:53 AM   #22

Thor Owners Club
Evergreen Owners Club
EverGreen Element

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln30 View Post
Do you like it?

What kind of MPG do you get towing it?
I tow my 26 ft element with a Toyota Tundra crew cab TRD and get around 14 miles on the Highway, at around 65 mph.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #23

Hi,
We have an Element 26SRL and tow with a Ford Expedition. We get around 12 MPG.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #24

Element update

So my roof still leaks. Went back to the dealer today. Water comes in and runs down the wall near the front right window. Water also drips out of an overhead light above the sofa in the rear. I had a few slide-out issues as well. The gaskets that seal the slide-out when it's out are put on with double sided tape. When you slide it out, the lower gasket was rubbing against a heater hose and that eventually ripped it off. I repaired it my self using a good adhesive. Also the rubber strip installed inside the slide, on the inside of the cabinets came off. It was installed with staples and they don't hold all that well in the composite material that the cabinets are made of. I again used a good adhesive and re-stapled it. We will see how that goes. Several cabinet door hinges are coming loose and causing the doors to sag and not align properly. I will correct that soon. Mostly minor stuff with the exception of the roof leaking. I still like the unit and am glad I purchased it. Tows very well and I get 14 mpg with a Dodge Ram with the hemi.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:22 AM   #25

Dealer still working on roof leaks. They have had the unit for a week. Geez I hope they find the problem!
Old 12-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #26

Roof leak finally fixed! Turns out the roof top a/c unit was over torqued when installed which apparently distorted the gasket. The dealer also removed the electric awning and re-installed it with new sealant. Since there is no place to store the sewer hose, I was wondering if any Elent owners had any suggestions. Thank.
Old 12-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #27

Elementary,
Glad to hear there wasn't a major issue with your roof leak. We had the opposite situation....the four black screws holding the air conditioning unit onto the metal mounting plate worked themselves loose. Just 8 screws to remove and then tighten up the black mounting screws. Took about 15 minutes.
I have photos of how I attached a sewer hose carrier to our Element, but don't know how to inset them....sorry.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #28

Thanks Travelkid!

I appreciate the information and enjoyed hearing about your travels with your Element. Getting minor issues worked out is always an issue with a new RV it seems so I am optimistic and still love this little trailer.

Tags
evergreen