Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #43

Elementary,
What a bummer!
I sent you an e-mail concerning my experiences with Evergreen.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2014, 09:24 PM   #44

Thanks Travelkid! I appreciate the information. Email me anytime at Mainbang@earthlink.net. I am still awaiting Evergreens response.

Old 05-30-2014, 07:08 PM   #45

Hi Elementary, I am an Element owner. One year now. We have enjoyed our trailer and have also had minor issues with it. Recently on a trip to Iowa we experience heavy rain storms and discovered we have leaky windows and roof. The leaky windows are the rear window, kitchen window and both bedroom windows. Oh, forgot we have a 26 SRL. We also noticed a leak in the air conditioner. It is now at the dealer being repaired. Evergreen has been helpful and willing to what they can to to make it right. However we have had other issues with our trailer that the deals has tried and not fixed. The awning will not work all the time. The frig keeps blowing fuses. Loud feedback on the inside speakers when using the outside speakers. The entry door was coming apart but has been replaced. The pass through doors will be replace because the dealer over tightened the locks and separated the skin from the frame. Finally the kitchen sink drain hose keeps coming loose from the floor drain under the sitting area. Annoying, yes. Deal breaker no. We love our trailer. Dealer not good at repairs.
Old 05-31-2014, 01:15 PM   #46

Elements

Hi Fieldhand. Thanks for sharing the issues with your Element. I too had a leaky rear window when I first got it. When I looked at the window, I realized the hinge was not installed correctly. I removed the window, installed it fully in the hinge and no more leaks. All of my other window are fine (keeping my fingers crossed). Other than the roof leaking and the slide out leaking I have had no other serious issues. The company has been very helpful thus far and are taking my unit back for the entire month of June to repair the roof. I have concerns about mold formation and the company informed me they will do a certified mold test when they get the unit back. So it goes.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:40 PM   #47

Guess what you might want to check your fuse box. I had a small electrical fire in the fuse box the terminal block screws worked themselves loose form the wires. They then can short themselves because of the unit flexing when you drive down the highway. I have a 24 foot element fuse box under rear bench seat. If i had not been at the unit might have been a total loss.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:46 PM   #48

Travelkid, I deleted and email from you and no longer have your email address. Would you please email me at Mainbang@earthlink.net.

Fieldhand49, please email me at Mainbang@earthlink.net

Any Element owners with leaking roofs or other issues, please contact me at Mainbang@earthlink.net

Thanks!!!
Old 06-17-2014, 06:14 PM   #49

The tank is held in place by 2 pieces of angle iron no center support. I built a series of one inch square iron tubes to form a metal cage to keep the tank on the unit if you get under the trailer you will immediately see what i am talking about.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:42 PM   #50

Since we all have either a 30 or 50 amp limit on our power supply, it can be difficult to have enough power supplied to run everything. I have decided enough with popping the 30 amp breaker when i have the a/c running and turn on the microwave. The a/c is going to be seperated and have its own 30amp breaker then i am installing another 30 amp hook up as most stations that have full hook ups have a 30 and a 50 the a/c will get a adapter for the 50 and the rest of the coach will get plugged into the 30 amp and then you will have ample power to the coach I will be doing this mod to a evergreen element 24 ft 2012 model. Will post again as to how this works out.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:08 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by malonta View Post
Since we all have either a 30 or 50 amp limit on our power supply, it can be difficult to have enough power supplied to run everything. I have decided enough with popping the 30 amp breaker when i have the a/c running and turn on the microwave. .
That's not normal. I can run the AC, fridge water heater and MW with 30A service. Do you trip the main 30A breaker or a branch circuit breaker?

Ac: 10A
Fridge: 3
Water heater : 8
Microwave: 7

Beware that by using both 30A and 50a outlets simultaneously at the pedestal you may trip the cb at the pedestal depending on how it's wired.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:08 PM   #52

[QUOTE=marcham;2110685]That's not normal. I can run the AC, fridge water heater and MW with 30A service. Do you trip the main 30A breaker or a branch circuit breaker?

Beware that by using both 30A and 50a outlets simultaneously at the pedestal you may trip the cb at the pedestal depending on how it's wired.[/

The breaker in the coach trips. The a/c is a 15000 btu tv 130 watts the microwave 1500 watts water heater 1500 watts these exceed 30 amps thus this is where I have my problem. I would think the pedestal should be able to support me with the mod to my power supply.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:54 PM   #53

[QUOTE=malonta;2112142]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcham View Post
That's not normal. I can run the AC, fridge water heater and MW with 30A service. Do you trip the main 30A breaker or a branch circuit breaker?

Beware that by using both 30A and 50a outlets simultaneously at the pedestal you may trip the cb at the pedestal depending on how it's wired.[/

The breaker in the coach trips. The a/c is a 15000 btu tv 130 watts the microwave 1500 watts water heater 1500 watts these exceed 30 amps thus this is where I have my problem. I would think the pedestal should be able to support me with the mod to my power supply.
Completed the mod plug in to both 30 and 50 amp power supplies and everthing is great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can run everthing in my element hot water heater a/c microwave at once. It helps to have the a/c on its own bus.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:42 PM   #54

Jayco Owners Club
I'm wondering if Evergreen will ever produce the larger model of this trailer. The smaller one would not fulfill our needs. I do like the looks of these rigs, but I'm wondering if they will ever get the leaks fixed... Here's hoping. We're upgrading our TV right now, and will probably upgrade trailers next year...
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:35 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetravelkid View Post
Elementary,
What a bummer!
I sent you an e-mail concerning my experiences with Evergreen.
could you share your experiences with all of us? I am considering buying an element
Old 08-13-2014, 03:08 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzer1 View Post
could you share your experiences with all of us? I am considering buying an element
Benzer1,
Prior to our decision to purchase an Evergreen element, we looked at the Earthbound Dillon (Earthbound has since gone out of business) and an Airstream Flying Cloud 25FB. While the Airstream is very nice, it was approximately $10,000 more than our Element, an additional 1,000 pounds heavier, and wider with no slide-out.
We have had a few minor issues with our Element, and all were repaired under warranty by Evergreen. The service we've received from Evergreen was / is far better than any other RV we've owned. I would NOT hesitate purchasing another Evergreen product.
We did experience a leaking roof which seems to be a bit problematic with the Elements, however, once re-caulked, we've not had a problem.
The Atwood furnace went out, but that was an Atwood issue, not an Evergreen issue.
Had a loose A/C which was easily repaired (self-help). I'm guessing we been on to many bumpy roads and it just loosened up. Took about a half hour to tighten up the bolts. We did not experience any water leak from the A/C unit when we discovered it wasn't tight.
Lastly, an issue with the day / night shades which was easily repaired by the supplier sending a repair kit and detailed instructions.
I hope this addresses your concerns. Please let me know if you have any specific questions.
What year & model Element are you considering???
Bob

Tags
evergreen