Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2014, 10:57 AM   #57

I can finally say I am a satisfied customer! Evergreen picked up my unit this summer and did an outstanding job repairing the issues I had been having. Not only did they fix the problems, they went above and beyond and added updated components, discovered things I had not found and corrected them. The unit is now leak free! I had a concern about mold forming and they did a certified mold test and it came back negative. I now have the best trailer available!!!!!! Thanks Evergreen!
Elementary is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #58

Tank monitoring system

Installed callibrated flow meters in water lines. A computer then measures how many gallons of water flows in to each tank. The system is pretty accurate and I also, can tell how much water is in the fresh water tank and compute usage. This works best if you have the Anderson valve system on your coach. I have a small monitor that shows the tank status. My neighbor is a engineer. Takes about 3 hours to install the sytem and test it so far so good. I know at a glance how much water in gallons is in each tank and since I installed electric dump valves i can better decide when to hit the dump switch.
malonta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #59

As of a few hours ago, we are Element owners.

We bought a 26BRSS after looking at dozens of other TTs and spending a good bit of time talking with the guy who designed the Element.

I have to say, it is a great looking trailer.
Lilrhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:39 AM   #60

Lilrhody,
Congrats on the purchase of your Element!
My wife Pat and I are original owners of a 2012 26SRL.
We are rapidly approaching the 40,000 mile mark on it and continue to enjoy it.
Our home is located along the Gulf Coast in South Mississippi.
If there is anything we can do to help, let us know!
Where are you located?? What year is your Element??
Bob
thetravelkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 09:57 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilrhody View Post
As of a few hours ago, we are Element owners.

We bought a 26BRSS after looking at dozens of other TTs and spending a good bit of time talking with the guy who designed the Element.

I have to say, it is a great looking trailer.
Can you tell me if wood is used in the construction?

How does the finishing and other factors compare to the everlite line?
Benzer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:53 PM   #62

[QUOTE=Benzer1;2275713]Can you tell me if wood is used in the construction?

How does the finishing and other factors compare to the everlite line?[/QUOTe

THE evergreen element has no wood in its construction.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:05 PM   #63

[QUOTE=malonta;2277677]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzer1 View Post

If that is true that there is no wood in the construction that is great news!

I have received conflicting information. Is there anyway you could provide me with contact information to the guy you spoke to who designed the element? I need to confirm this before I go ahead and make a purchase

I am interested in the element 28rlss

I have been told that they are using Luan in its construction which is a type of wood in the walls and floors
Old 10-21-2014, 11:49 PM   #64

[QUOTE=Benzer1;2279148]
Quote:
Originally Posted by malonta View Post

If that is true that there is no wood in the construction that is great news!

I have received conflicting information. Is there anyway you could provide me with contact information to the guy you spoke to who designed the element? I need to confirm this before I go ahead and make a purchase

I am interested in the element 28rlss

I have been told that they are using Luan in its construction which is a type of wood in the walls and floors

okay this is the new element the 2012 models were all composite and the new models 28rlss do use wood in the construction sorry.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:15 PM   #65

[QUOTE=malonta;2277677]
Quote:

I can't help with the comparison to the Everlite, but I do recall the designer telling us that the new Element does use luon (sp??) in its laminate construction.
Lilrhody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:32 PM   #66

[QUOTE=Lilrhody;2280803]
Quote:
Originally Posted by malonta View Post

I can't help with the comparison to the Everlite, but I do recall the designer telling us that the new Element does use luon (sp??) in its laminate construction.
What a disappointment any idea why they started using luan? I wanted a wood free trailer
Old 10-28-2014, 04:37 PM   #67

[QUOTE=Benzer1;2287379]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilrhody View Post

What a disappointment any idea why they started using luan? I wanted a wood free trailer
<LI class="step ">Luan plywood’s distinct strength can be attributed to the different layers of wood glued together to make the panel. Because it is lightweight and relatively cheap, luan plywood — particularly those that are 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch thick — is considered good material for cabinet and furniture backing and drawer sides and bottoms. The thicker 3/4-inch plywood is used for less expensive grade furniture such as tables, chairs, book shelves and plant boxes. They are using this for the interior cabinets and furnishings. From what I have read. If you truly want a composite trailer you may have to settle for one of evergreens earlier models.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #68

[QUOTE=malonta;2288316]
Quote:

<LI class="step ">Luan plywood’s distinct strength can be attributed to the different layers of wood glued together to make the panel. Because it is lightweight and relatively cheap, luan plywood — particularly those that are 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch thick — is considered good material for cabinet and furniture backing and drawer sides and bottoms. The thicker 3/4-inch plywood is used for less expensive grade furniture such as tables, chairs, book shelves and plant boxes. They are using this for the interior cabinets and furnishings. From what I have read. If you truly want a composite trailer you may have to settle for one of evergreens earlier models.
From the information I heard the element uses luan in the walls now. = ROT AND DELAMINATION from water damage

The everlite is the only trailer not using wood in walls and floors
Old 11-20-2014, 07:06 PM   #69

An update our our 2012 Element.......
My wife and I recently decided to replace the worn vinyl cushion material. It was torn and looking pretty nasty, but considering we now have close to 40,000 miles on our Element, not surprising.
With the help of Tony Chupp at Evergreen, we were able to track down the manufacturers of the furniture, MasterCraft Inc, located in LaGrange, IN.
After speaking with the warranty department at MasterCraft to obtain the color of the fabric, we ordered 10 yards and were able to pick it up in person at their Shipshewana, IN showroom. We also purchased the cloth material at the same time to avoid shipping charges in the future when they upper cloth cushions wear out.
Evergreen's Matt Saltman provided suggestions on how to remove the cushions. It took me about 3 or 4 hour to remove all five cushions.
We contacted a local RV Dealership and West Marine asking who they recommended to do the upholstery repairs. We only visited two of the three "recommended" upholsterers, and based our decision on the images posted on their website. We were not disappointed in the workmanship at all. We decided to go with a firmer foam at the same time...the total labor and foam for all five cushions in our 26RSL was just under $500.
We asked the upholstery shop to give us the old material to make a non-movable kick panel in place of the swing-up section that is supposed to make into a bed. We then added an additional 120-volt outlet to accommodate charging our cellular phones. It also gave an addition 3 or 4 inches of room so my feet don't bang into the table stanchions.
While we were at it, we decided to have 1-inch removed from two sides of the Corian dining table. The company did a beautiful job and polished out all the scratches on the dining table for us. They also gave us a gray scuff pad to remove any scratches we get in the counter or table.
Hopefully, we're good for another 40,000 miles.
We'll be heading to the Tampa RV Show in January to kick a few tires....no, we're NOT interested in replacing our Element. We're looking forward to meeting with the factory representatives and looking at the new Evergreen models.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:40 PM   #70

New Tongue Jack

I got tired of the Fulton F2 tongue jack on our Element. It was getting to difficult to raise up to hookup the trailer to our Ford Expedition.
I did some on-line research and and purchased a Barker VIP 3000 power jack.
The Fulton has 6 mounting bolts while the Barker has the "standard" 3-bolt configuration.
I had a local metal fabrication shop make a new top mounting plate for me. I had to move the Barker forward, toward the front of the mounting plate, about 1 1/4 inches so the door to the propane tanks would clear the head of the power jack. A nice upgrade having the power jack.

Tags
evergreen