Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #1

Who makes the best towable trailer?

We wnat to buy a new trailer with slide outs and possibly bunk beds. Our budget is between 25K and 40K. Besides Airstream ( no slides) who makes the best one? I have a Ford 350 Super Duty set up for towing.
Racemosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #2

I think Prime Time RV makes an exceptional TT. I am sure others will respond with their opinions.
autorot8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #3

With your budget, pick the floorplan that you like and then deal on price.
denverhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Look at what you want and expect. We just purchased a 240 Forest River Surveyor with outside kitchen. Perfect for the two of us with a popout kitchen and lots of storage! Light walkable roof and sealed heated underbelly...Our children own a Keystone with bunkhouse which they needed for the grandkiddies and it has one slide out..again walkable roof, bathtub (little people get realllly dirty) does have quite a bit of storage as well. Your vehicle should have no problem towing...5th wheels are awsome these days too...have fun shopping!
pmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:41 PM   #5

It's out there

We looked for months before buying our Sunset Trail. We actually ordered a Bullet 294BHS but walked away after getting the run-around from that dealer. We were looking in the same price range with the same specs (although weight played a big part in our decision, shouldn't be an issue for your truck). Look for the details you want, because with all the models/options to choose from, your bound to find the one that is just right. Good luck!
Rysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:30 AM   #6

Thank you all or your advice. Does anyone have comment on the Artic Fox trailer? We heard this was a well built trialer, and on of the best. Does anyone have information on the Artic Fox?
Racemosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:51 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Arctic fox builds a nice solid unit....better than most.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:09 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We had an Arctic Fox trailer. Great quality trailers. The roof and insulation was twice as thick as my Winnebago motorhome. I put a roof fan from my trailer in my motorhome when I sold the trailer and I had to cut it down almost 5 inches. I would buy another. Check out the Northwood RV Owners Assoc. for answers to your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racemosa View Post
Thank you all or your advice. Does anyone have comment on the Artic Fox trailer? We heard this was a well built trialer, and on of the best. Does anyone have information on the Artic Fox?
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:20 PM   #9

I gotta say, I am very pleased with the Jayco product
forkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #10

We just bought a new Lance TT, I recommend them highly. Take a look for yourself.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #11

Saw an Earth Bound T T yesterday on the express way. I looked up there web sight and they look impressive. They seam to be a new manufacturing brand.
Mody n Domy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #12
CD

We have a 97 Nash that we bought new. I believe the Artic Fox is an upgrade of the Nash. We had a problem with the slide while boondocking in the desert while it was still under warrenity. I called Northwood and they asked me if I knew someplace I could take it to. I told them the only place I knew about was 250 mi away. I asked them if they would send the parts and tell me how to fix it. They did. When I got it fixed they asked me to bring it to the factory when we came home so they could check it out. We did and they said they made some minor adjustments and gave us a place to stay overnight and a tour of the factory. That was about 12yrs ago. We are still enjoying the TT. We don't plan on replacing it.

'01 3500 Ram QC HO 6sp. BD Exhaust Brake
CD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:21 AM   #13

I just bought a 2011 CTU225ks Coleman and it pulls awesome. I noticed that this Coleman has a wide distance between the trailer axles (about 10 inches between the tires) which I believe helps with stability in towing. I tow it with my 99 F250 Super Duty 7.3L Diesel truck without any sway control or weight distribution and it pulls like a dream. I have not had one instance where I didn't feel completely comfortable towing it.
mattholew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:05 AM   #14

Here is another vote for the Northwood family of RV's, a heavy, well built 4 season RV's and solid support from the factory.
Don