Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #29

Thank you, gggplaya. We appreciate the time you took to respond. Very interesting comments.

-harry and amanda
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2013, 07:02 AM   #30

Just do the slide out test.
Open the slide with stabilizers up and notice the frame twist. If it does walk away.
We had a tube frame tailer for 15 years and jacks had to be down before opening the slide so we traded it before the unit fell appart due to road twisting. The roof will be the first to go due to frame twist.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #31

As most have pointed out, ultra lite trailers and heavy options don't go together well. The nicest equipped Lightweight units I've seen are the Flagstaff/Rockwood line. Their "classic superlite" series has solid surface countertops and real leather furniture, frameless windows, power appliances, etc but they are around 7-9k lbs unloaded. Their "Micro-Lite" line has less luxury amenites but are still very plush for an ultralite.
BrianExplore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #32

The new 21' Escape is pretty close to what you want.
21 Foot Escape.
It doesn't have the slide, but it's molded fiberglass construction (similar to a boat), and within your weight requirements. It's quite pricey, at over $25,000, and they don't give discounts except for a slight one during the winter months. Escape has an outstanding reputation for quality and they will work with you on customizing one. Unlike most other molded fiberglass trailer manufacturers, they will actually deliver one to you; although like the others, they don't sell through dealers.
The Escape owners forum is quite informative: Escape Trailer Owners Community
Yarcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #33

Any updates Mandy?
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #34

Look at keystone, have nice selection of TT with slides for two or ten people to sleep in. Ours is outback 312BH love it on any adventure.
TTCamper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #35

Keystone isn't really a "well built" trailer. And you definitely won't be able to get it custom built.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsmills View Post
After many months of research online, rv forums, purchased TT guide review and other methods of investigating TT for sale out there I have come to the conclusion that no one builds what I am looking for with the features I want. This is very disappointing. There are so many brands and models out there you would think that there is nothing new under the sun being built. There are features I need and features I want. I need a small (20-22 feet) well built (not industry standard, disabled hubby can't do repairs) with a slide (will be snowbirding so need the room), ultralite weight (no more than 5500-5900 GVWR), shower (can't be tub/shower combo because my disabled hubby can't lift his feet to get in the tub), power with manual override (awning, stabilizer jacks, tongue jack), heated enclosed underbelly, black tank flush, TT.

I want solid surface counters, leather furniture, frameless tinted windows, slam latch luggage doors, flush dinette slide out, upgraded faucets in kitchen and bath, couch/murphy bed combo with just enough counter space to fit my coffee pot.

It doesn't exist. If I could only talk Livin Lite and Outdoors rv into makeing me a custom TT!

Since that isn't going to happen, does anyone out there have any suggestions for getting as close as I can to my ideal?
Think you will find it difficult to stay under your weight requirement. I own a Jayco Skylark, which is very light, and after 30 ,000 miles no problems or issues, but would not be a good recommendation for handicapped access. A slide by itself adds considerable weight and in many cases huge problems. It also denies access when in rest areas etc. good luck and wish you much success in your search.
rog4kneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #37

Flagstaff V-LITE WKISS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianExplore View Post
As most have pointed out, ultra lite trailers and heavy options don't go together well. The nicest equipped Lightweight units I've seen are the Flagstaff/Rockwood line. Their "classic superlite" series has solid surface countertops and real leather furniture, frameless windows, power appliances, etc but they are around 7-9k lbs unloaded. Their "Micro-Lite" line has less luxury amenites but are still very plush for an ultralite.

We just pulled the trigger on this one, pick it up Nov. 2nd. Our 1st TT and looking forward to heading out. With me being 6'4" I needed the 80" bed and I really like the layout, but time will tell. Looking to spend time on the coast and some time in the gold country doing some wine tasting.
tmsimmons56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:54 AM   #38

I am a big guy and disabled. My wife and I just purchased a 240mk TT by keystone that is towable by a 1/2 ton pickup. Weighs 5500 or so not sure. Tongue weight is 290. Has enclosed underbelly and extra insulation which is called Glacier pkg. We had a full size 37' class A but bath/shower I could not use.
This is called a residential living trailer and has a large bathroom with a 50" walk in shower and tall porcelin toilet and plenty room for me to move in. Large fridge, solid surface countertops, 3 burner stove/oven, microwave, am/fm/cd/dvd stero and 32" tv with indoor/outdoor speakers. Residential 60" x 80" queen bed, one slide with large dinnet and moveable table. Carpet/with pad and wood look vynle floor in main area. Electric awning, black water flush outside with outlets/cable tv/etc. Electric tongue jack. dual axle,enclosed propane tanks and rounded front end for less drag. AC/heat etc. I stay in 4 nights a week yr round and so far love it. Is a tad expensive but almost everything is standard. List is 32,900.00 and up. Mine was 32,900 and is 27'7" long.
First Timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:15 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Timer View Post
I am a big guy and disabled. My wife and I just purchased a 240mk TT by keystone that is towable by a 1/2 ton pickup. Weighs 5500 or so not sure. Tongue weight is 290. Has enclosed underbelly and extra insulation which is called Glacier pkg.
Just FYI, that trailer is 5200 empty, 7100 loaded max, and tongue weight is way way more than 290.
That's pretty surprising that Keystone insulated their underbelly, usually they're not.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #40

I was also going to pick up on the tongue weight--should be around 900+ to be balanced correctly?
Joe
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 06:52 AM   #41

A word of caution before making a decision to "modify" and customize any trailer. The basic frame must be correctly designed and constructed to safely support everything built on it; which equates to the GVWR. There are a couple of manufacturers out there (Spacecraft is one) that will build what you want, based on your desires and intended use. Now it boils down to, do you want it enough to pay the price?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:16 AM   #42

I said I was not sure on weights, sorry, but it IS towable by a 1/2 ton. I pull mine with a 2011 F150 XLT 4x4 with/5.0. It has everything OP was asking but leather couch. Option is to replace dinnett with couch or chairs. Not many options as comes with most as standard. Upgraded carpet, cabinets, shower, etc. etc. Just trying to help.
First Timer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide