Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2015, 10:08 PM   #1

Why such poor service from vendors?

Just some random thoughts on the level of service we receive from vendors and not only in the RV industry.
Have you ever both called and emailed our supporting vendors with questions before ordering and received no response. I have. Frustrating.
Have you placed an order and had a problem and received no help from the supplier. Not uncommon.
Ever had to challenge a charge from your credit card company because the supplier wouldn't help solve the problem? Again not uncommon.
I recently was trying to purchase a specialized item that I use for surf fishing when I'm traveling. After several attempts to get info from local companies, in the USA, I was striking out getting getting what I wanted. I ended up ordering the product from New Zealand. That's half way around the world. Great company and great follow up. Cost me about 6 bucks more in shipping. They will get any business I can send them.
Is business so good that companies can let their service slide to such poor levels? Is there no need to develop new customers and promote repeat business? Apparently business is good and follow up is not important.
My bottom line is that I will attempt to deal with local companies or online. If I don't receive good service they will be eliminated from future consideration. There are lots of companies out there to help us with our needs.
I feel better now.
Anybody have any similar problems and how do you deal with poor service?
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2015, 01:55 PM   #2

... Me Too

All you can do is give your business to a business that wants your business. That's kind of hard sometimes. The RV dealer closest to my house told me they don't want my business and that they don't want my business. They are a dealer for my TT too.
DC8Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 04:49 PM   #3

Not really...........I've bought a lot of stuff "on line" and always received my order as advertised.
timetogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:57 AM   #4

its Russian roulette. I always write down when I get good service or have non annoying experience so I can use them again.

now, if I were to go into the horrible time I had buying my RV back in 2013 I would need Tylenol for the psin in my hand from typing.....

Lets say that I will avoid camping world as much as possible....

There are some items you can get that are reasonably priced for camping at Harbor Freight and O have had very little issues with them so far so they are my first choice for tools and etc.

The manufacturer of my RV was a complete waste of time and if I could go back I would spit the guys face I first talked to who said he would take care of everything... he made sure he held up everything until the warranty expired.

I guess my two cents I am trying to add is that this whole RV Camping etc is like any business where there should be more regulation because most of the dealers and places I have dealt with including some Camp grounds have treated my family and I like garbage and charged us way high prices for items that should have been no brainers on cost and price but when your miles from home and trying to have some type of vacation they will stick it you every time.

I hate having certain aspects of my life invaded by regulation and government intrusion but there really needs to be some place or agency that makes sure these unscrupulous people are providing reasonable service for a reasonable price and doing it in a reasonable amount of time.
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 06:03 AM   #5

I order from site vendors online often, including camping world. I have only been disappointed a couple of times. My biggest issue with ordering online is all of the spam that follows.
Timberdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service