Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #1

Wife wants a Open Range

We have a seasonal site on the river and are looking to update our 33 foot KZ Jag. We also have a son who is 19 but not going to be on his own for a while and need a unit with divided sleeping areas. The wife has fallen in love with the 308 and the 310 versions of Open Range Trailers. I must admit aside from the price tag they are very impressive on the lot. Searches have only brought up Boxergurls nightmare. If you have one or can tell me anything about other peoples experiance I would be grateful. Don't want to make a mistake.
Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
6mm

We have a 247FLR 2012 TT with two slides,for the two of us it works very well.
We tow with f350 and have had problems with trailer or truck.
What happened to Boxergurl????
6mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #3

We have a 296bhs and love the layout. Not many tt have doors on drivers and passengers side which we like.
mattyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:22 AM   #4

Boxergurl had a Mesa Ridge that delaminated the walls.
Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #5

We bought a 2012 316RLS in July, 2013. Absolutely love it. No problems at all. Great unit. Love the layout with the Rear Living Space and the 2 recliners. We did replace the bedroom mattress with a sleep number bed (just our preference). Other than that, everything else is stock!
spenland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
My experience, DW gets what DW wants. Don't fight it, buy it.....
kewag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:47 AM   #7

We have a RF337RLS and love it. If you are interested in fact finding for Open Range go the open range owners forum. Lots of information there......
Old 09-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #8

I know a couple of full-timers with an Open Range TT. They have fought with the factory ever since they bought it, faulty frame, interior falling apart, bent axles,etc. I don't know the outcome for them. While in Alaska they talked to some other Open Range 5er owners who voiced similar complaints about quality.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:43 PM   #9

Owned a 2012 Open Range 316RLS for two years (yes, purchased in 2011 and sold in 2013). Loved every minute of it! The only reason we moved to a Heartland Landmark was because we wanted a specific floor plan for our upgrade and OR just did not offer that design. Working with the factory was very easy and they are very responsive. I agree that if you want more information you need to go to the Open Range Owners Forum. Unlike many other owners forums, this one is not operated by the factory, just the owners. Lots of great information there! And I agree with the reply about just getting what your wife likes, remember Happy Wife, Happy Life
Greengas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #10

I believe the new ones are pretty good.
When they first came out (I think in 2007 or 2008), there were a lot of horror stories.
Many had to have front/rear caps and sidewalls replaced.
I wouldn't recommend buying an older used model.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #11

We have a 2013 Jt337RLS. So glad we bought it. Just got back from a 71 day road trip, 35 of which were in serious rain/wind. No leaks, no problems at all! Check out open range forums and I think you will see the company truly stands behind their product.
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote