Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #15
Originally Posted by IdahoBob View Post

Your antenna is supposedly omni-directional.

Ours "seems" to be working pretty well but without anything to compare to one does not really know.

That antenna doesn't make any sense to me. With a narrow, but long beam, it would have to be directional.

lynnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2014, 09:39 PM   #16
I installed a "Wingman" and noticed no difference whatsoever. Some say they work wonders. So this product gets a few mixed reviews from what I can tell.

2011 Silverado Crew Cab - 5.3
2012 Eclipse Milan 24LSBHG
Chuck24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:44 AM   #17
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The pattern of the basic wingman is, ideally, a figure eight like below
The underline (The line etween the os) represents the "Wings"

Add the wingman and you make the O on the wingman side larger and greatly shrink the other one at UHF broadcast frequencies.

That is ideal, in practice it's more of an oval and adding the wingman pulls it into an egg with the far (And small) end of the egg the direction the wingman points..
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:05 AM   #18
Outdoors RV Owners Club
That's what I have. It is no moveable on the roof and is lined up front to back. It works great as long as the powered part of it is turned on. One less moving part and one less thing to forget before heading down the road. I also carry DVD's.
2014 Wind River 250RDSW
2014 Ram 2500 Diesel Laramie 4x4, Snugtop shell,
One big spoiled Bernese Mtn Dog
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:55 PM   #19
Originally Posted by Caveman CBB View Post
I just tried the AntennaPoint.com one and I'm sorry to say it doesn't work in my rural area. It keep telling me there is no transmitter within 200 miles and I know that is wrong. It also doesn't tell of the rebroadcast signals in my area. It may work if your in a big city I suppose but, it doesn't work here.

The other link kind of works but, it also doesn't pick up the rebroadcast stations and it doesn't show directions.
If I use the long/lat it tells me there is no stations. If I use the name of the nearest town, it works fine.
1998 Thor Windsport 33SL
2007 Chevy Uplander toad (tow master dolly)
1985 Yamaha Virago XV700
Virago-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:20 PM   #20
Originally Posted by rideandslide View Post
Hello All

Thought i had posted this earlier but !!!! This is the antenna that came with our 2000 Keystone Springdale, i now it must be directional because you can turn it from inside the TT. Question is, if it's directional, how to you know the dirction it's pointed ?

When we got the trailer all of it was frozen from non-use, but all is free and moivg now.

Thanks Jim
The antenna in your pic is aimed like this:

If/when a Winegard Wingman is added, like this:

'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:44 AM   #21
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The antenna pattern is an oval, (Technically a figure 8 but side rejection is not that great)

The antenna is BROADSIDE to the directions it is looking..

<- | ->

Adding the wingman makes it like this for UHF but does not affect VHF much

|-- ->> (double arrows meaning longer range).
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:28 PM   #22
Highway-- Your antenna is not movable ??? Sure ??? Mine was not when a bought it (2000 Keystone ) but that was because of neglect, with a good cleaning and lube it goes up and down and rotates fine.
So happy with the performance i'm considering an amplified ant. for the house and dropping cable !!!

rideandslide is offline   Reply With Quote