Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #1

Smile Winnebago ONE 30RE 2012

We plan to drive about 3 hours to the nearest dealer that has this trailer in stock to take a look. I would love to hear from folks who have one or know something about them to help me in ruling in or out this tt. Thanks so much!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #2

I have a dealer 30 minutes away. I have looked at the Winnebago towables since they came out. They make trailers too big or too small for what I am looking for. I am looking for a 24 footer.

All things Winnebago are better than average build. The trailer you are looking at will be big, it will sit high, have a high ceiling. I walked in the trailer and looked around. Everything seemed to be done well.

what are you going to tow it with?

Old 02-22-2013, 05:33 AM   #3

We have a 2009 Nisson Titan pro 4x4 crew cab with tow package. Currently pull a 2002 Dutchman 26 ft that has UDW of 6200.
Found a dealer 30 min away that carries Winnebago tt but not the model we want. Will go check them out anyway to see about how they are made how they look, and if they seem too big. Show next weekend 3 hours away that we hope to attend too.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #4

I just checked - that. 30RE trailer is 34.6' long and will have a wet weight of appox. 7,500 to 8,000 lbs.

The Titan is really a cool truck but my knee jerk reaction when I looked at the Winnie One is that they are BIG. The smallest they make is a 26RK which is 30.5 feet long.

Then they make the Minnie Winnie which are too small but come in cool coolers.

Anyway - when I saw the Winnebago One's I thought 3/4 ton diesel truck for sure. Like I said they sit high off the ground and just look big.

When you go ask who builds the trailers - it might be SunnyBrook. I have a 2011 SunnyBrook 5er that I like but in 2010 or so Winnebago bought SunnyBrook. My 5er has a Winnebago sticker on it.

At my dealer I see what I will call a mix of labels between SunnyBrook and Winnebago. Like the SunnyBrook Raven 5er has a Winnebago Sticker.

It is my guess the Winnebago One is made in the old SunnyBrook facility but to Winnebago standards.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:04 AM   #5

Winnebago One 30RE 2012

My husband and I purchased this model tt in April 2012 (tt was on dealer lot for 3 hours) and so far we are very happy with the trailer and how it is made. We had a 28ft Freedom Lite for 4 years. We have a chocolate lab and he likes the extra room. For our needs the storage and layout work out great. We had choice of leather or cloth furniture and we went with the cloth. Like the cloth and love the color scheme. The only thing my husband added was a storage door holder on the storage door under the slideout wardrobe. Winnebago Support has been great & prompt about answering any questions we had. We pull our 30RE with a Tundra/TRD package and it pulls great. We currently "practice retirement" by camping a long weekend once or twice a month and doing a 10 day trip once a year.
EmBr
Pensacola, Fl
Old 03-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #6

Well, we finally went to see the ONE and much to my dismay have decided it is not the one for us (no pun intended). Beautiful coach, nicely built, but the layout is abit small for the big guys in our family. Sigh! Back to the drawing board. Thanks for all the help.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #7

The Winnebago One has the arched ceiling and is a big trailer. Not sure what was not big enough? The only trailer that is bigger are park models.

5th wheels have real tall ceilings in the living area but are much shorter in the bedroom.

Do you need more sq. feet or taller ceilings, or bigger furniture?

With just a 1/2 ton truck small 5th wheels probably will not work either.

Maybe a park model set permanently in a campground would work to at least get you camping (kind of). At least you could have a campfire.

Good luck

Tags
winnebago