Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2015, 05:25 PM   #1

Jayco Owners Club
Winnebago Ultra Lights

Well, I'm continuing my studies of TTs in what I consider to be the better quality brands... and can't find out much about the options available for these units. I called a dealer about one that's a 33 XXBHXX... don't remember exactly... but it had only 1 air conditioner. It's too hot in this part of the country for a trailer that big and just 1 A/C. Winnebago's web site doesn't list options... or I'm being computer unliterate ( a fine West Texas word). Does anyone know where I can find better info on these trailers?

Anyone that owns one of these units could chime in about the quality of materials and workmanship, too.... please.

Thanks...

schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-14-2015, 09:43 PM   #2

I am a dealer. These units come pre-wired for a 2nd ac unit, and the 2nd unit is avail as a factory option or aftermarket. It is very simple to add the 2nd unit.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:16 PM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
Thanks... that's good info... now where do I find an option list? I read somewhere that Winnebagos come with wiring and plumbing diagrams, actual user manuals, etc. Is that true?

Yachtjim, where are you? Anywhere close to Weatherford, Texas?
Old 04-15-2015, 11:12 AM   #4

Correct me if I'm wrong, but w/ 2 ACs you'll need to order trailer w/ 50A service; each AC will be on its own hot leg so you don't trip a breaker if you run the microwave or elect. water heater.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:20 AM   #5

Here's a link to W web site w/ options listed. We have the predecessor to the winnebago towable line, a Sunnybrook Harmony (now Winnebago Remingtion). I think the ones you are looking at are a bit better quality than the Remingtion are now. Anyway, good luck with your search!

Ultralite | Specifications | Winnebago RVs
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzbill View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but w/ 2 ACs you'll need to order trailer w/ 50A service; each AC will be on its own hot leg so you don't trip a breaker if you run the microwave or elect. water heater.
You are correct. When you get the unit pre-rigged for a 2nd AC it includes 50amp power.
Old 04-16-2015, 07:36 AM   #7

The 33BHSL I looked at has 50A service. 1 AC and fireplace option, which will be a must have. They have a lot of options and great price. My local dealer is trying to get me to trade my Minnie for the 33BHSL and is making it a pretty sweet deal.
The AC in these units is ducted through the trailer, so only having one is not as bad as if it were only a single, center dump type setup.
The outside kitchen is massive, too. :-D

The only thing I don't like about the 33 is the lack of window in the kitchen slide. There is a skylight and good under cupboard counter lights, but a small window would be key.
That is my only complain about that unit. It really is a spectacular rig.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:29 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
We have a new 30 RESS. This is our seventh RV over the years. All in all it is a really well built unit. Even though we are in Florida the single 15K AC is sufficient to handle it well. Our unit is prewired for the second AC, so it is a 50 Amp unit. We full time this trailer so it has gotten plenty of use since we picked it up a month ago.

The only problem we have had is the sinks and cabinets they are set in. The sinks hold and attract moisture underneath the sinks. We are in search of a solution for this problem now. The sinks are a plastic composition and seem to attract moisture. Might be something like venting the cabinets, don't know yet.
lthrnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:36 AM   #9

Jayco Owners Club
Thanks, Bill, for the link. It was staring at me when I was there, before. Sometimes I'm computer unliterate... a fine West Texas word... and... I'm OLD.

Thanks for the comments... keep 'em comin"...
Old 04-17-2015, 06:48 AM   #10

For a price reference, my dealer had a few units at the local auto show and was still offering those prices.
The unit I was looking at had a few options like the fireplace, but not the fancy front cap and upgraded trim package. It was a 2015 and he was asking right around $30k vs the msrp of over $46.
So ballpark, you should be able to get at least that much off... price depending on options, obviously.

Tags
light, lights, winnebago