Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2014, 08:14 PM   #15

Rear view Camera

I have now done this twice on trailers Both Jayco's
I purchased Wired color night vision camera's off ebay for cheap.. $25.00 each
I also purchased a 7 inch TFT rear view mirror display about 45.00
I leave it on going down the road
Just glance at the rear view mirror and you are looking out the back
I wired it from back to Front of trailer with Coax cable and RF to Coax adapter.
HD has the coax cable RG6 and the RF to Coax adapter. Get enough cable to make the whole run to the rear of Truck and from Rear of trailer to tongue plus a foot or so for tie in. Used a coax slip on connector at the bumper between Truck and Trailer connection
Powered the camera off the running lights
Ran the coax from the bumper up into the truck cab
Found power in the overhead from the courtesy lights
No interference on the camera signal at all.
Downside of the camera is they do bleach out if the sun is shining right into the lenses but for under $100 investment it works so well!

Problem with wireless camera setup is limited distance they will transmit as they normally run in the same Frequency as Bluetooth devices and same specs on the power they can use to broadcast the signal.
So if you have your phone BT connected for hands free in your vehicle you can and will get interference or from other vehicles on the road.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2014, 02:49 PM   #16

1 year old 32.5 ft Coleman Expedition A/C

Uncovered my TT to get ready for trip and found out a/c will not cool. contacted Manuf. -advent , div. of ASA Electronics. They are extremely nice and helpful. sending new unit to replace the old one. QUESTION: Anyone have any experience with the unit? Would I be better served with another brand? Need some advice. Also bought unit From CW and will now not let their service dept touch my TT.
bigpoppa53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 02:51 PM   #17

Might try Tadi Bro. in LA
bigpoppa53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:34 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
I have now done this twice on trailers Both Jayco's
I purchased Wired color night vision camera's off ebay for cheap.. $25.00 each
I also purchased a 7 inch TFT rear view mirror display about 45.00
I leave it on going down the road
Just glance at the rear view mirror and you are looking out the back
I wired it from back to Front of trailer with Coax cable and RF to Coax adapter.
HD has the coax cable RG6 and the RF to Coax adapter. Get enough cable to make the whole run to the rear of Truck and from Rear of trailer to tongue plus a foot or so for tie in. Used a coax slip on connector at the bumper between Truck and Trailer connection
Powered the camera off the running lights
Ran the coax from the bumper up into the truck cab
Found power in the overhead from the courtesy lights
No interference on the camera signal at all.
Downside of the camera is they do bleach out if the sun is shining right into the lenses but for under $100 investment it works so well!

Problem with wireless camera setup is limited distance they will transmit as they normally run in the same Frequency as Bluetooth devices and same specs on the power they can use to broadcast the signal.
So if you have your phone BT connected for hands free in your vehicle you can and will get interference or from other vehicles on the road.

This sounds like a solution for those who may be budget conscious, since the wireless Voyager system is just under $600. But I can testify that bluetooth does not interfere with my signal, and my camera transmits from the rear of the trailer to the windshield of my tow vehicle. So interference is not a factor nor is transmitting distance. Installation of the wireless is easier. I would be concerned with longevity of the cheaper cameras in the weather. Some are better than others in that regard.

Andre
Heymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:12 AM   #19

I had no problems with a wireless on my Truck Camper. I have ordered a wireless on the same frequency for my 25 foot TT. I intend to mount it to the luggage rack or rear ladder and pull power off either a clearance light or the bathroom fan (under a maxaire vent).
Paul Beddows is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera