Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2015, 02:59 PM   #1

Question Wireless Camera

Is anyone familiar with the “i BALL” wireless Camera? I’m thinking of buying one. Is it worth the $150.00 Price tag or are there better ones on the market that don’t cost an arm and a leg?
jdrakeaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2015, 03:01 PM   #2
Community Moderator

This company makes good cameras that don't break the bank.

http://www.foscam.us
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 03:03 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You must be new to the RV world. $150 is not an arm or a leg. $200 for an oil change is an arm and a leg in my world.
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:32 PM   #4

I.have used this one for years hitching up the rv, boat by myself. Works great. The other nice perk is you can stick it on a pole or wall and use it as your eyes to watch the back of the trailer when backing in.

http://www.amazon.com/Swift-Hitch-SH.../dp/B000ZEON90
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:51 AM   #5

I saw a security system with two cameras for about 70 bux. might be a good option to setup dome hooks or velcro that I can put them up on each side and put the small screen in the cab to park my beast. its wireless.
RVGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrakeaia View Post
Is anyone familiar with the “i BALL” wireless Camera? I’m thinking of buying one. Is it worth the $150.00 Price tag or are there better ones on the market that don’t cost an arm and a leg?
I used my I Ball camera all last season. It worked very well. My cell phone caused some interference. All I had to do was temporarly turn off bluetooth. It certainly was a big help when backing up to the trailer. Very clear color picture.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:00 PM   #7

voyager

i just ordered a voyager wireless from Amazon, has 1 camera.

additional cameras can be mounted, but must be wired back to the monitor.

Jim
sprayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:33 PM   #8

I have used the Iball for the last two years to hook up the trailer solo. No more yelling or arguments. Best battery operated marital aid ever.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 11:46 AM   #9

RV' s and Boats cross paths in lots of ways especially in terms of

fiberglass, needing constant care.

Jim
sprayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayman View Post
RV' s and Boats cross paths in lots of ways especially in terms of

fiberglass, needing constant care.

Jim
How does that relate to the subject of Wireless Camera?
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:27 AM   #11

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Amazon.com : Foscam FI8918W Wireless/Wired Pan & Tilt IP/Network Camera with 8 Meter Night Vision and 3.6mm Lens (67° Viewing Angle) : Spy Cameras : Camera & Photo

I just ordered one of these Foscams, I set it up in the office and it works wonderfully, but I bought it so I could somehow watch the pups from the motorhome when I am on trips....

However; I was told by Foscam I cannot use it on a wifi hotspot I could set up on my cell phone (can't do that anyway, because my cell phone has to travel with me when I'm away from the coach and I want to use the Foscam App so I can check in on the pups)

So, what's the best solution? One of those monthly 60.00 plus a month chips that gives you data service from your cell company (mine is Verizon) and that would plug in to a wireless router then I could hook up the Foscam that way?

Only problem is, I only am out in the coach a few days or week or two at a time and don't need constant service, but it looks like that's the only way I can get service to do what I want to do??

I am NOT depending on outside wifi/internet services from parks or other areas, so this is the only way I can see to do it??

Anyone knowledgeable please chime in!!
Old 04-08-2015, 09:36 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
I bought a MiFi Jetpack for the same reasons. With Verizon, I can lump all of my data usage together (phones & MiFi) so that I am not paying for data that I seldom use.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:40 AM   #13

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
I bought a MiFi Jetpack for the same reasons. With Verizon, I can lump all of my data usage together (phones & MiFi) so that I am not paying for data that I seldom use.

I'll go search that out! Thanks!!!
Old 04-08-2015, 09:43 AM   #14

Gulf Streamers Club
Don't you have a wireless router at home? The camera connects to the router.It also looks like you can connect it to a wired router with an ethernet cable. You HAVE to have a router.
A brief glance at the instuctions for set-up appears to show you how to set it up for viewing with your mobile device or setting it up to view over the internet.

Are you just asking how to get a data plan to view it on your phone? If you have a smartphone, don't you already have data?
HoneyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera