Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > TRAVEL TRAILER, 5th WHEEL & TRUCK CAMPER FORUMS > Travel Trailer Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2019, 02:08 PM   #1

Zero-G Hose Questions

I am looking at the Zero-G hoses for my TT to use for fresh water supply and gray/black washout. I just have some questions for those who my use or have used these hoses:

1. The 4001-50 says it is drinking-water safe and lead free, but it is not labeled an "RV/Marine" version of the hose. Has anyone used this hose for their fresh water supply? Results?

2. The 4006-50 is only a 1/2" hose instead of 5/8". Has anyone use this hose? If so, did you have any problems with pressure or volume?

3. One listing of the RV/Marine version says that is should not be under constant pressure. Then how can that be useful for RV applications?? Any ideas?

Any help/insight would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Brenwol1
Brenwol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2019, 03:30 PM   #2

1. I use 2 of these for my fresh water
2. I actually dunno which I have sorry
3. /shrug mine are under pressure when in use...no issues so far.
Old 01-14-2019, 03:36 PM   #3

I have the 100' hooked up at home under constant pressure for 6 mos now with no problem. Love it. Lightweight and easy to use
fletch460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:35 PM   #4

I have the 4001-50...and the 25 foot model. no issues and they really do wind up nice and compact in a stromburg cord caddy.

mine also said drinking water dsafe, but they arent the marine grade. they are both grey in colour. highly recommended.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavenger View Post
1. I use 2 of these for my fresh water
2. I actually dunno which I have sorry
3. /shrug mine are under pressure when in use...no issues so far.
Is yours blue or black/gray?
Old 01-14-2019, 07:03 PM   #6

I have a total of 4 - 25' Zero G "Blue" hoses, not sure of the model numbers.
I have 2 dedicated to filling the Fresh Water tank or City Water hook up, and another 2 dedicated to the Black Tank Flush and RV washing.
I have wrapped "red" electrical tape around the nozzle of the Black Tank hoses to keep them separate.
This is my first season using them and so far they are great, and have not noticed any pressure issues with the 1/2" size.
The packaging states "Lead Safe" "Drinking Water Safe".
No leaks, and in cold weather they are easy to coil up versus the old style white hoses.
These hoses are guaranteed for 5 years under normal wear and I have kept the receipts just in case.
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 07:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenwol1 View Post
Is yours blue or black/gray?
If they are blue, it's a dark slate blue, but they look gray to me.

Also attaching the filter setup I built. (2) Whole Home filters from Lowes, (1) 4" coupler, (2) 3/4" to Hose Bib adapters. The Whole Home filters come with sediment filters, but theres a 2-pack of carbon filter replacements right there next to them on the shelf. Swapped in a carbon so as to have 1 of each. Also bought an 18 gallon Rubbermaid tote to fit it all in when traveling.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180916_140802.jpeg
Views:	118
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	232041
Old 01-14-2019, 07:28 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
I have a 4001-50 and a 4001-25. Both are grayish/brown in color. I use the 25 ft for fresh water supply and the longer one for washing the windshield, holding tank flush, and any other thing around the coach.

Regarding the "under constant pressure", I just fill the fresh tank and then work off the pump, so it is only under pressure when filling.

Both hoses work ok so far. They are easy to handle, easy to roll up and store, easy to use. If one leaks, I will just buy a replacement. I don't intend to ever go back to the old style hoses!

Regards.

Chuck
Old 01-15-2019, 04:03 AM   #9

Thanks to everyone for great information (as usual). I decided to buy 2 25' rv/marine hoses and 1 50' of the standard hose.

We'll see how that works this weekend when we go out.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:12 AM   #10

It is getting cold this weekend. Can you post your experience? I think around freezing one of the nights.

Thanks
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:38 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
It is getting cold this weekend. Can you post your experience? I think around freezing one of the nights.

Thanks
Sure. It will be in the teens at night during the last half of our 4-day weekend.

We have a "4-season" trailer (Heartland Mallard M185BH). I put that in quotes because the Heartland rep said they don't make truly 4-season trailers although that's the way it is labeled and presented by them and the dealer. Anyway, since there is no sewer hookup where we're going, my plan is to fill the fresh tank 3/4 (on HL advice) and disconnect.

HL said I should be fine but advised not completely substituting furnace heat for portable electric during below-freezing periods. The reason is that he said the furnace system blows warm air not only in the cabin but into the enclosed under sections to keep tanks and pipes fluid.

This will be our first time out with sub-freezing temps. [emoji120]
Old 01-15-2019, 04:09 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I saw the Zero G hoses on the internet,so I have been following this thread.I hate to try to roll up that dang white hose when its cold out,its like wrestling a python !!Thanks for the real world info.I think I am gonna get one for my fresh water.
gvette85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:00 PM   #13

Leaking Zero G

There are several U-Tube videos showing leaking Zero G hoses just like the expandable hoses.
Persistent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:13 PM   #14

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persistent View Post
There are several U-Tube videos showing leaking Zero G hoses just like the expandable hoses.
That was my initial concern,my DW has gone through a few of those expandable hoses.She would forget and leave the water on and they would burst.
gvette85 is offline   Reply With Quote