Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > OEM Product Support
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-10-2004, 04:28 AM   #1

Hello everyone this is the staff at Bigfoot Levelers, we thought that we would post a few maintanace tips on here because we have seen alot of questions on stuff that is a simple fix.

#1.we get alot of people saying they are getting an alarm going off when the key is turned on but all my jacks are up. answer: although your jacks are up each one of your jacks has a little pin down by your foot pads.this is called a limit switch these pins need to be clean a couple times a year to make sure they are moving up and down properly. If they are all dirty they may stick in the down position, if this does not fix it then you need to check the tightness of your foot pad, because if it is loose it will not push the pin all the way up.

#2. we receive some calls were people are saying that they have a cylinder leaking fluid in alot of cases it is not the problem. the first thing you should do if you see fluid leaking is to check your fittings to make sure they are tight and the little o-ring is not hanging out. This will fix alot of the leaks.

#3.we get alot of calls where people say there jacks drift down a little bit when they are setting in the up position. This is a simple fix,in most cases you just have a little air in the system. The best way to get rid of it is to fully extend the problem jacks and let them sit for 15 to 20 minutes, now take note make sure to extend the jacks in pairs front, rear,left, right. Also you want to extent them so that there is no wait on them this will help with that.

Well that is all i can handle typing at this time so if you have any questions on your system please leave us a message and I will do my best to answer them for you or you can email me your questions

jason.loose@quadraleveler.com

Bigfoot Levelers[IMG]

[This message was edited by bigfoot leveler staff on Tue February 10 2004 at 11:54 AM.]

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2004, 04:28 AM   #2

Hello everyone this is the staff at Bigfoot Levelers, we thought that we would post a few maintanace tips on here because we have seen alot of questions on stuff that is a simple fix.

#1.we get alot of people saying they are getting an alarm going off when the key is turned on but all my jacks are up. answer: although your jacks are up each one of your jacks has a little pin down by your foot pads.this is called a limit switch these pins need to be clean a couple times a year to make sure they are moving up and down properly. If they are all dirty they may stick in the down position, if this does not fix it then you need to check the tightness of your foot pad, because if it is loose it will not push the pin all the way up.

#2. we receive some calls were people are saying that they have a cylinder leaking fluid in alot of cases it is not the problem. the first thing you should do if you see fluid leaking is to check your fittings to make sure they are tight and the little o-ring is not hanging out. This will fix alot of the leaks.

#3.we get alot of calls where people say there jacks drift down a little bit when they are setting in the up position. This is a simple fix,in most cases you just have a little air in the system. The best way to get rid of it is to fully extend the problem jacks and let them sit for 15 to 20 minutes, now take note make sure to extend the jacks in pairs front, rear,left, right. Also you want to extent them so that there is no wait on them this will help with that.

Well that is all i can handle typing at this time so if you have any questions on your system please leave us a message and I will do my best to answer them for you or you can email me your questions

jason.loose@quadraleveler.com

Bigfoot Levelers[IMG]

[This message was edited by bigfoot leveler staff on Tue February 10 2004 at 11:54 AM.]

Old 02-10-2004, 05:21 AM   #3
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Thank You For Posting

Hi Jason, I met Roy Trevino in Tampa at the SuperShow last month, gave him my biz card, and I introduced myself and all, and come to find out he really is a nice guy. I didn't want to stick around too long because your display was buzzing with people wanting to know more information about BigFoot.

Welcome aboard! I hope that BigFoot & iRV2 will have a long lasting relationship and I am looking forward to reading more tech tips and problem solutions from Quadra Manufacturing.

<font color=blue>03 Winnebago 38G/Workhorse W22 " 22.5" Tire " Adventurer
02 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LS
Aventa II " Brake Buddy
Nor'Easters
"We Will " 343 " Never Forget"</font color>

<font color=red>88 " Robert Yates Racing " 38
</font color>
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
Old 02-14-2004, 02:30 AM   #4
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Hi Jason, I see you finally made it on the forum, glad to have you hear. I can testify that Quadra has the best systems out there not just because I have them on my coach but as a fact. Thank you for taking care of a sticking solenoid I had and for taking the time to post some tips for all to read. Looking forward to more info in the future.

Mike & Amy, Fulltimers
RVSA Certified RV Technician (independent)
Dinasaur Board Distributor
No Wet Distributor
Muffin our Shih Tzu
Ashley and Candi at school
2000 GulfStream 39' Scenic Cruiser
NASCAR #3 & #8
06 Saturn Vue & 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 toads
Old 02-14-2004, 04:39 PM   #5

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Location: Mercer, PA -- 1000 feet from the O.D. Anderson Interchange (I-79 & I-80)
Send a message via Skype™ to George Miklas
Hi Jason,

I love my Automatic Bigfoot Levelers. Thank you for assisting me in converting mine from semi-auto to fully automatic last year.

I have no other personal experience to compare against Bigfoot, but I did witness a stuck HWH last October. My good friend, Joe Kasunich, got an HWH stuck in the mud. There he was on Sunday morning digging the leveler pad out of the mud. IMHO, this is sufficient evidence to me that every motorhome should be built with hydraulic return cylinders.

In January I went to the Pittsburgh RV show looking at a bunch of new motor homes. It looks like I'm going to finanace about $150,000 and like Burger King and Frank Sinatra, I want it my way. I didn't see even one MH at the show with Bigfoot Levelers. The motor home sales personel didn't appreciate me engaging them into the conversation regarding "why doesn't this manufacturer offer Bigfoot Levelers as an option?". As a matter of fact, my wife walked away several times that day as I told the story of how Joe got one of his rams stuck in the mud. The only resolution that 2 dealers offered was to order the coach delivered without levelers at all, which would require a trip right back to Michiana for the sole purpose of getting the levelers installed. That doesn't seem right.

George

"Lovin' my automatic Bigfoot Levelers by Quadra Mfg."

Old 02-15-2004, 05:12 AM   #6
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I had to remove a HWH for a guy parked behind me that had sunk into the ground and as a result it got bent. Even when we got it free of the ground by digging it out it would not retract due to the fact that it had a slight bend the springs would not pull it back up.
I got stuck (whole rear end of motorhome) and had to use my Big Foots to lift the rear of the coach up enough to get boards under the tires. I use concrete blocks uner the jacks and as a result I bent the foot pad on nce of them but not so bad that it does not work ok. I sunk threee blocks (one on top of the other) under each rear jack and kept pushing them into the ground untill I could get any lift. Everything turned out ok in the end, and if it weren't for my big foots I would have had to have one big wrecker come to my rescue.

Mike & Amy, Fulltimers
No Wet Distributor
Muffin our Shih Tzu
NASCAR #3 & #8
Old 02-17-2004, 03:04 AM   #7

Well i have to tell you i am glad to be here i have been overwelmed with emails of people telling me that they love our jacks and people telling me storys about problems they had and how well they were taken care of and storys where people were stuck in the mud and used there jacks to get them out (by the way we realy don't like it when you do that )

But as far as the manufactures go it is very hard for us to compete in the oem market because there are alot of companys out there that by all there stuff oversees while we continue to build all of our own product but if you want to order a new motor home we have a factory direct program, were all your dealer has to do is to order it without jacks then thay can contact me and we can arange pickup when the unit is done to bring it here and to put the jacks on it before it even comes to you. Like you said its your motorhome and you want it the way you want it. well please keep up all the good questions and feedback.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:24 AM   #8
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Jason, How does one go about "cleaning" the sensor switch? I am having a problem with one that I have to push it up and pull it down and turn it and tap on side lately to get a light on when jack is down so I can operatte the retract solenoid to get it up. Thought I was going to have to call Big Foot Monday as I was trying to leave Daytona infield and could not get the jack up. The pin does not stick just can't get the points in side to work.

Mike & Amy, Fulltimers
No Wet Distributor
Muffin our Shih Tzu
NASCAR #3 & #8
Old 02-20-2004, 02:49 AM   #9

Hi Mike sorry it took so long to get back to you I have been in Chicago at the rv show. But if you are having a problem where the pin is not sticking, but the switch is seems to be sticking then what you have to do is pretty simple.

First off the little switch is a ball bearing switch so you need to take the switch out of the barrel that it is screwed into. To do this take a 7/8" open ended wrench and unscrew the switch out of the barrel, once you get it out you will see there is going to be alot of junk on that ball bearing, what I always do is just put a little w-d 40 in the palm of my hand and I roll the switch around on it untill it is moving freely, then once I get as much stuff off as I can I dry it then spray it with a good coat of silicone spray. That should take care of your problem, this procedure should be done to a system that is a few years old at least once a year. If that does not take care of it you may need to replace that switch if it is not covered under warranty the switch runs $20.90 from me. well I hope that helps if not give me a call and I will be glad to take care of it for you.

Thanks Jason

Jason - Fixed your Avatar!

[This message was edited by DriVer on Fri February 20 2004 at 07:59 AM.]
Old 02-20-2004, 04:51 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Thank you Jason. I will try that this weekend.

Mike & Amy, Fulltimers
No Wet Distributor
Muffin our Shih Tzu
NASCAR #3 & #8
Old 02-21-2004, 07:18 AM   #11
Community Moderator

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Jason, Update on sensor switch is that it is intermittant. Took it apart and all was very clean inside. Can snap the ball and it will close but if you slowler release pressure it only closes once in ten. I think I may need a new switch. You can email me directly at rvwizard@hotmail.com. Thank you for your help in this matter.

Mike & Amy, Fulltimers
No Wet Distributor
Muffin our Shih Tzu
NASCAR #3 & #8
Old 03-01-2004, 03:35 AM   #12

No problem mike glad to help. Also I had a call this weekend from a guy who was trying to leave his campsite with his motorhome home but his jacks would not come up so he called our 24/7 tech thats me, and after all his frustration and my time, it come down to his coach batterys were bad and that brings up a very good point for any set of levelers. Please make sure your batterys are charged and you have good clean connections it will make everyones lives easier.