Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > OEM Product Support
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-25-2004, 06:04 PM   #71

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tomcat F15:
Folks,
I can't speak for Fantastic Vent Corporation, but I sure can speak about them. "This Company is a LEADER in the RV Industry when it comes to Quality Products and First Rate Customer Service."
" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Tomcat,
You sure must be on Fantastics payroll. I have not posted for quite a while. Must be at least back to the Nashville rally where I offered some raffle items. If any of you have a problem with your Fantastic Vent call 1-800-521-0298. If any of the members have documented their installation of a Fantastic Vent on a website, I would certainly appreciate knowing so I could place a link from my website. Since last year I have added more than 30 new pictures to my website trying to make the selection process easier. We still strive to be the worst Fantastic Vent distributor
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2004, 06:30 PM   #72

I'm not on the payroll, but it wouldn't be a bad place to be, especially working for a company that puts quality and service first.

Tomcat F15
"In America, Quality & Service after the sale is our most important product."

Old 10-27-2004, 06:35 AM   #73

Hi, this is a great site. I have a question, we have a 02 Winnebago Adv with the 2000 model FF(auto open/cls with wall switch, on/off switch on fan, only set to be an exhaust fan) fan in the lav. It has the MaxxAir fan cover on it. My question is there an upgrade kit to add to my fan just a rain sensor, reverse and thermostat? If I can, I would remove the MaxxAir cover to move more air and the auto open cover would not hit the inside of the cover? I also have a FF in the Galley area which is a manual open one spd exhaust fan, I can modified this to all of the options for 100.00, just how hard is the upgrading? Thanks for your response.

05 Kountry Star 3910
Old 10-27-2004, 11:11 AM   #74

Hi folks,

Thank you for coming to IRV2.com, we welcome you. Your project is easy to do, there is a kit available. I would highly suggest you call Fantastic Vent directly and let them advise you.

When we had our 2001 Adventurer, we had our good friend, Bob Berretta at Fantastic Vent, upgrade all of our fans with all of the bells and whistles. This is a great company with great support.

Heres their phone 800-521-0298 and ask for Bob. When your done with your project, come back here and tell us how it went.

Tomcat F15
American quality is #1 at Fantastic Vent.

Old 10-29-2004, 01:49 PM   #75

Triple E Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Nick/Sheila,
I did exactly what you want to do this past summer. I changed a manual FF to an auto/rain sensor. The cost was $100.00. The installation took me 15 minutes. All that was needed was a Phillips screw driver. The instructions that come with the upgrade kit are vey accurate and easy to follow.
Canuck

300HP Cat 3126E, 6Sp Allison
Old 10-29-2004, 06:59 PM   #76

Canuck,

It can be easy, but there can differences between models. Sometimes there are little adjustments that need to be made. For those who have never work on them or any other simular product, it's advised that you con sult the manufacture first. The modle and serial number of the unit is important, because of any changes in mid stream production.

Glad yours was easy and glad it went well.
It's always nice when things go together and work when your done.

Tomcat F15

Old 10-29-2004, 08:08 PM   #77

Hi Nick And Shelia,
You wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nick and Sheila:
Hi, this is a great site. I have a question, we have a 02 Winnebago Adv with the 2000 model FF(auto open/cls with wall switch, on/off switch on fan, only set to be an exhaust fan) fan in the lav. It has the MaxxAir fan cover on it. My question is there an upgrade kit to add to my fan just a rain sensor, reverse and thermostat?"

From your description it sounds like you have a 2000dm and you want to change it to a 2000rdmbts( http://members.aol.com/fantasticvent/more_fans.htm )
which is the same as a 6000rbta but with the up/down switch on the wall. An upgrade to change to the 2000rdmbts would be about $90.00 shipped.

" If I can, I would remove the MaxxAir cover to move more air and the auto open cover would not hit the inside of the cover?"

You can easily remove the cover.

"I also have a FF in the Galley area which is a manual open one spd exhaust fan, I can modified this to all of the options for 100.00, just how hard is the upgrading? Thanks for your response. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mention you have a one speed fan in the galley by Fantastic Vent--I am not aware of any that are one speed--maybe you meant exahust only. All Fantastics have offered three speeds.
From your description you have a model 4000. It can be upgraded with a 6200 kit ( $100 Shipped )
and it is easy to do---many have bought them from us and have had great sucess.

Please visit our website for more information and pricing.
Old 10-30-2004, 11:06 AM   #78

Yes the unit in the galley is exhaust only. Thank you for response.
Nick and Sheila

05 Kountry Star 3910