Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGIES FORUMS > Gear and Product Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2015, 09:57 AM   #15

Alpine Owners Club
Foretravel Owners Club
I had given that some thought also since my GPS and Radio both have the option to have a camera input. In the end, I felt I would be more comfortable having a camera view that was always "on". Camera monitors normally also have "trigger" wires for turn signals and backup functions.
bobkathy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2015, 03:15 PM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are different kinds of rear cameras besides wire and wireless, color and b&w. The limitations in field of view can be a factor in body damage when backing up and viewing traffic.
Some are fixed, some can be manually adjusted up and down, some will remotely adjust up and down, and there is one by Total Vision Products: that will remotely adjust left and right and up and down with 180* view.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:05 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
for those interest in TAdi. I have purchase all kinds of camera. some just to see if they were any good. my first experience with tadi was for the replacement fo the sony camera. the sent me a "backup" camera which was not really a backup camera. it was not reverse view and did not have a microphone. the picture on line absolutely showed the video and audio plugs. They admitted the picture was not what was sent to me and after I complained that the site misrepresented the item sent they offered to "at additional cost" sell me a real backup camera. they eventually changed the picture on the website

I opted to keep what I had but then purchased a Rear view Safety camera. It was beautiful and still have it. I did have a problem at first but they sent me a new interface box. Later I realized I did not hook it up properly. they are very responsive

At some point later, I needed another rear camera but this time thought I would give Tadi another chance for a camera on the back of the trailer. I ran the wire but to tell the truth the picture is trash and so is the camera. the night shots are poor. The screen is also smaller than the Rear View Safety.

Now fast forward. I just purchased a four camera all around 360 bird view camera system from Rear View safety. Tadi has one too but my choice is to go with what was perfect in the past. once I have it installed I will write a review of the system.

Incidentally, the reason many of the wireless camera don't work is because they operate in the same frequency as IP systems. I also liked the PTZ reference previously

Tags
camera